Stone House Farm Bed & Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Amherst
See available hotels
Hotel UMass(Amherst)
Amherst Motel(Amherst)
Comfort Inn(Hadley)
View Hotel
All reviewsone bedroom suitehomemade granolabed and breakfastb beggskeurig coffee makerhand painted furnitureany travelerfirst floorboth morningssitting roomcorn cobbreakfast was deliciouschickensgoatscandibruce
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We brought our one and a half year old son with us to Stay at Stone House Farm last October for three nights. The Hostess was very nice, informative, and open. She even had someone set up a pack-n-play at no charge for our son. AND, she put it in the second room (that we didn't need and weren't paying for) which was very generous. Breakfasts were brought up in shifts, as she's cooking them and serving them, so the first morning we thought the first bit of yogurt was all we were getting (but we just needed to be patient)! She made delicious breakfasts! The farm was a great bonus for our son.

There were a few small issues. First I would have liked if she would have taken our trash before the last day--we had dirty diapers, but a small thing. Second, I needed an iron to iron the dress I was wearing to the wedding and unfortunately the hostess was out and it seems that the rooms share an iron. I went into the downstairs room (which happened to be empty and unlocked) searching, and found one, which leads me to why I was frustated with this place. While the space upstairs is fantastic, there is no actual door to the dwelling. The outside door (generally kept unlocked) leads right up to our space and our sleeping baby. As people checked in and out (at all hours) we loudly heard their entry, their welcome, their room tour, etc. It was oddly loud and I worried that my son would wake up. It also felt funny that the hostess and anyone, for that matter, could come up and into our space without knocking since there was a curtain and no actual door. Granted, we could close our bedroom door, but I wanted to be able to hear my son since there was no door!

Finally, the heat was very confusing. We spent a lot of time trying to decide if it would ever actually come on. Once it did though, it got very warm.

The space was great, the bathroom large and clean, the amenities were fantastic (snacks/kitchen/shampoo/pack-n-play), and the farm was very fun. Unless they get a door at the bottom of the stairs, I probably won't stay here again, at least not with any kids--but the price was very fair.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank airmail218
happypaddler11, Owner at Stone House Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

I’m so sorry. Thank you so much for your comments…they will help me be a better innkeeper in the future. It gives me great joy to meet my guests needs and desires and to share my farm and B+B with them.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The surroundings are lovely, hostess Candy and cats Bruce and Sophie most welcoming. (Cats are not allowed in guest suites, but are available for socilaizing). The two B&B suites are beautifully furnished and filled with everything imaginable to make guests comfortable--including in-room single cup coffee maker and nibbles. (Even the bathroom is stocked with all manner of items one might need or want.) Breakfast is elegantly served in one's suite. The grounds are exceedingly well kept, and are shared with 3 goats, several chickens, a couple of ducks, and a rooster. all in all, a most memorable and delightful experience.

Room Tip: Either suite is superb, the upstairs one having two bedrooms to accommodate up to 4 people.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank junecarol5
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here two nights on a recent visit to the Amherst area. We were very pleased with the B&B and are happy to recommend it. We had the whole upstairs to ourselves, which meant we had a sitting room and bathroom for our exclusive use (folks wanting an en-suite bathroom need to check on whether the other upstairs bedroom will be occupied). There was no noise audible from the guest couple downstairs, but the B&B is not far from the street and one does hear the noise of the cars driving past, although we didn't find that a problem. The traffic pretty much died away by the time we were ready for bed. Candi, the hostess, was charming, and prepared lovely breakfasts. She's also an ace gardener and the B&B's extensive grounds had a large quantity and variety of blooms to admire.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review. Please be confident that the suites and bathrooms are private. I would never place two unrelated guests in the upstairs suite. It is a two bedroom suite, but occasionally we rent it as a one bedroom suite, and simply close the other door.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I spent three nights at Stone House Farm and used it as a base when visiting friends in the Amherst area. This small inn is a lovingly restored antique farmhouse, with decor and furnishings worthy of Country Living magazine. Everything is immaculate, and the amenities include a Keurig coffee maker, mini-frig, Portmeirion china, and such small thoughtful touches as a wine bottle opener and supply of bandaids. , We've stayed in numerous B&B's, and thought that the breakfasts were among the best we've ever had. Breakfast was served privately on the lovely table in our suite, a feature that might appeal to anyone who is not quite ready to make conversation with strangers first thing in the morning, as in larger B&B's. Candi is a warm and engaging hostess, and we felt like welcome guests in her home.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IngridRPT
Reviewed September 17, 2012

From start to finish, this was an absolutely delightful experience. Candi is a superbly organized and gracious host. The inn is impeccably clean and the gardens are simply glorious. All aspects of the stay were just wonderful, with such special attention to detail! Breakfast was served privately in our suite and was well-presented and delicious. We would enthusiastically recommend Stone House in Amherst, MA to any traveler. Thank you, Candi!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family