“Best falafel this side of the Atlantic Ocean”
Review of Pita Pockets

Pita Pockets
Ranked #5 of 116 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for lunch driving through Amherst. Saw a sign on the street that asked "Have you tried the falafel behind Burt's? So we went. Absolutely authentic and fantastic. We'll have to pass through Amherst more often!!!!

1  Thank Miles B

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

As a UMass student I've sampled just about everything there is to eat in Amherst. Let's face it - there are some good options but there's not much that you can eat everyday without putting on a few pounds and spending a few too many bills. Sure Antonios is the best around but it's best left as a treat. Everything else I get sick of very fast. Pita pockets offers a fresh alternative with medium sized portions for dirt cheap. It's healthy, it's tastey, and the owners are super friendly. This is definitely my new daily lunch spot.

Give the falafel a try - it's only $5.50 and is one of the best I've had. It's loaded with fresh greens and also comes with a spicy kick.

2  Thank Matt R
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We visited tonight for dinner, and were immediately charmed by the lovely family who runs this little place. They were so welcoming and friendly. My husband had a kafta platter and I had the falafel- both were excellent. Hummus is flavorful and the pita chips were delicious. Prices very reasonable for the amount of food. We will be back!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I never write reviews but this place is so good I felt the need to write one. This restaurant is fantastic! Went with a friend on a whim and it was a great idea! The restaurant is family owned and one of the owners is very friendly, outgoing and engaging. As for the food it is perfect. The hummus, tzatziki... everything is homemade and is DELICIOUS. I had the combo wrap and it was perfect. I've never had such good falafel in my entire life and the chicken was seasoned, grilled but moist. This combination of falafel and chicken plus the tahini, fresh vegetables and seasoned turnips - all on homemade Syrian bread was nothing short of amazing. From a price point, the food is inexpensive and the portions are very very generous. On the whole this is a great place to eat, the owner is very friendly and I can't wait to come back as regular customer!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

So glad to have a good filafel restaurant in Amherst. Also serve other similar offerings and they do it very well. You can order many topping, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, pickled peppers, pickled turnips, t'hini, to mention just a few. You can order it mild, medium, hot. My first falafel there was delicious and I will definitely return. In fact, this will be a staple place for me to eat in Amherst. Also, the folks who own and operate it are very, very nice, and it is spotlessly clean! All you vegans out there, take note.

1  Thank Urther