“Friendly environment” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Chicago, Illinois
“Friendly environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Loved the conversations with owner and other customers just had a nice time while dining

Visited May 2012

western mass
“Wish it was better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

This is a restaurant that you really want to like and want it to succeed. But, truthfully, we were very disappointed. We found the food bland and tasteless-- uninteresting. We hope they improve because we'd like to see these hard-working women succeed. They just need to get it up a notch or two. We might also mention that the prices were rather high for what we got.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Can't comment on the food but service was terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

I bought a Groupon and could never use it and I don't even plan to come back. The chef (also the owner) I think seemed to look down on me when I told her I had Groupon. The place was crowded at the time and she told me to come back in 1.5 hour, even though a couple just had finished and were about to leave. I never want to see her face again.

5 Thank HuongD9
Bethesda
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

I just ate here today and I must say the food was absolutely great. It was definitely a new experience and the men seems authentic. Everything was also very fresh.
The portions were on the smaller side, although by the time both of us finished we were full. The one negative would be price, which I thought was on the expensive side. Most dishes will run you about $12-$13. It is also a small place and can take some time to get your food so not a good place if you are in a hurry. However, I would definitely recommend Baku's and will be back soon.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank miller20817
Massachusetts
“Dreadful disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

I love Nigerian food, so I was looking forward to this local restaurant. I hate to give negative reviews because i know how hard people work, but this was really an inedible meal. The goat curry was covered with a tepid, bland tomato sauce that tasted as if it came out of a bottle. The sides: overcooked plain green beans and overcooked, greasy, unflavored rice, both tepid, and black-eyed pea fritters that had clearly been microwaved and were mushy on the outside and cool on the inside. The whole thing was warmed-up leftovers rather than freshly-cooked food.

• Visited August 2011