“Just the best”

Chez Albert
Ranked #18 of 116 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Montague, Massachusetts, United States
“Just the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I try to sneak away once a week or so for a casual and invariably lovely lunch at the bar at Chez Albert. It's hard to pick a Meal that stands out because they are all delicious; salmon or beef tartine and frites, rabbit ragout, one of the delicious and surprisingly light cassoulets or an omlette stuffed with gruyere and pork confit.... The service is spectacular; attentive but not hovering, and Emanuelle who runs the front of the house makes every customer feel welcome and perfectly cared for. At $11.00 - $15.00 for lunch entrees and 8-10 for a glass of wine, it's also incredibly reasonable.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Michael H

CT, USA
“Extremely Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Reading reviews of this restaurant led me to believe that it would offer a superior dining experience. At the end of the day I would have settled for reasonably comfortable and unremarkable. Unfortunately, Chez Albert combines a charmless atmosphere (sports bar and big screen included, tables sans cloths) with uninspired, tired, dishes. Polite queries about availability of off-menu choices to meet special dietary needs were met with derision, as were questions about dishes advertised in the menu published on their web-site but not available on their current list of offerings. It seemed they were determined to expend the absolute minimum amount of effort or creativity in satisfying our party's requests. I have dined at many humble establishments which did so much more with so much less ---and charged far less in the bargain.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank travlelf
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

When I called for a reservation, I asked that I receive a nice table as it was a romantic evening with my significant other. We were given a delightfully private booth, a perfect choice. That was the beginning of a fantastic meal - terrific service (efficient and friendly), great food (the shitake/corn sauce over the striped bass was outstanding! loved the sweetbread appetizer and the frites w/ aioli), and a delightful decor. Plus, it was August and the schools weren't in session so the scene was laid back and relaxing.

Visited August 2012
Middlebury, Vermont
“fantastic meal, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I jogged by Chez Albert an hour before our intended dinner hour to ask if they could accommodate us. Emmanuel, a gourmet par excellence, said DE RIEN and I hurried home to shower and present ourselves for dinner. Luckily, he was our waiter and his love for all things gourmet guided our choices of food - my husband ordered the hanger steak (which was amazing with it's bordelaise sauce) and I had the cold corn soup with lobster which was also exceptional. Even the garlic/white bean dip with bread was delicious along with the innovate cocktail menu (my drink has chartreuse, bourbon and red vermouth) - in short, a memorable meal from start to finish with impeccable service, fantastic fresh food and a great atmosphere. It's a few hours later and I still feel elated thanks to a great meal. Not at all stuffy -you'll feel part of the family. The bar tender was also a passionate foodie - a real gift on this trip.

• Visited August 2012
Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
“Good value and choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Good service and very nice food. There are several nice restaurants in Amherst, but this was one of our favourites

Visited May 2012