“Shameful portions”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2011

While the flavors are lovely, the two tablespoon portion of salad I got with my Sushi/Sashimi combo was laughable. I think I got more dressing than salad! The seaweed salad, purchased a la carte, was also ridiculously tiny, as was the gyoza app and the beef negimaki app. I've ordered really a lot of all these dishes in my life, from many different restaurants, and I just had to speak up about this.

In fact, I had stopped ordering from Arigato a couple of years ago when their sashimi got so thin, but tonight I thought I'd give them another chance. What a mistake!

1  Thank Simpatizzante
There are newer reviews for Arigato Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed October 4, 2010

I ate here last night for dinner. Sushi was good, not excellent and horribly overpriced for the quality. Our bill came out to about $60 for two people.

I would not eat here again due to the price...Northampton is MUCH better if you want quality sushi.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

Since the sushi is on display near the entrance, there is no excuse for staying. In Japanese supermarkets there is a special section for the more expensive sushi-quality fish. At Arigato there should be a special section for supermarket-quality sushi.

1  Thank vputin
Reviewed December 8, 2009

We went on Thanksgiving day for lunch, as it was the only non-coffee place we could find open. We were stunned at how fresh and tasty everything was, and 3 of us were stuffed for under $50. Would need to go back again for dinner when it's crowded to see if it holds up, but from this one-time experience I would say this is terribly under-rated!

Reviewed July 6, 2009

Ate here end of June. Sashimi, sunomono, tempura-- everything of very good quality and prepared just as it should be. A place to get your sushi fix in Amherst.