“NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE”

Cuisines: Pub
Bealeton, Virginia
“NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stopped by to have a few beers with friends and ordered a few appetizers..... haven't been here in decades but it was NOTHING like I remembered it. Sad when the building still stands and the management lets the quality go by the wayside. Good for the memories of my time a UMASS.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jay M

Morristown, New Jersey
“An old stand by for the area”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

The food will neither wow you or make you say yuck but the good old true pub setting is an old time favorite.

Chicopee,Ma.
“I Would have to rate this one Average”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I visited the Pub for the first time on a Friday night, the place was busy enough but we eat early 5pm. The atmosphere was fine we were shown to a booth, and it was roomy. I ordered the turkey dinner, and my husband fried scallops. The turkey and gravy was tasty, the garlic mashed potato, a little bland, but creamy. There was also mixed veggies, which had a lot of flavor, for me the best part of my meal. The stuffing I did not like at all, too much seasoning, but everyone has there own tastes when it come to stuffing. My husband liked his meal, we didn't think it was excellent really, average, these were simple meals. Both came with salads, which were fresh, plenty to eat, portion wise. The price we also thought was on the mark, for what we ordered. The service was good to above average. The only annoyance there was......there was fruit flies at, or around our table area, I kept having to shoooo them away, while we were eating.

• Visited January 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Terrific help”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Lovely, friendly waitress made a good recommendation of a local (regional?) beer and a cup of warm clam chowder -- excellent on a cold, rainy sightseeing day!

Visited October 2012
England
“Had a drink - but the food didn't look great.”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This place looked promising and it was busy - outside. Had a drink while we thought about eating - but having seen the bog standard range of food that others were eating really didn't fancy it so went to Bertuccis down the road. Great alternative choice.

• Visited August 2012