“An old stand by for the area”
Review of The Pub

The Pub
Ranked #70 of 115 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Pub
Morristown, New Jersey
“An old stand by for the area”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

The food will neither wow you or make you say yuck but the good old true pub setting is an old time favorite.

Chicopee,Ma.
“I Would have to rate this one Average”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I visited the Pub for the first time on a Friday night, the place was busy enough but we eat early 5pm. The atmosphere was fine we were shown to a booth, and it was roomy. I ordered the turkey dinner, and my husband fried scallops. The turkey and gravy was tasty, the garlic mashed potato, a little bland, but creamy. There was also mixed veggies, which had a lot of flavor, for me the best part of my meal. The stuffing I did not like at all, too much seasoning, but everyone has there own tastes when it come to stuffing. My husband liked his meal, we didn't think it was excellent really, average, these were simple meals. Both came with salads, which were fresh, plenty to eat, portion wise. The price we also thought was on the mark, for what we ordered. The service was good to above average. The only annoyance there was......there was fruit flies at, or around our table area, I kept having to shoooo them away, while we were eating.

• Visited January 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Terrific help”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Lovely, friendly waitress made a good recommendation of a local (regional?) beer and a cup of warm clam chowder -- excellent on a cold, rainy sightseeing day!

Visited October 2012
England
“Had a drink - but the food didn't look great.”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This place looked promising and it was busy - outside. Had a drink while we thought about eating - but having seen the bog standard range of food that others were eating really didn't fancy it so went to Bertuccis down the road. Great alternative choice.

• Visited August 2012
western mass
“Gone Downhill”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We used to enjoy an occasional meal here and, while it was never spectacular, it was usually a reliable place to get a decent pub-type meal. My recent visit there, however, was more than disappointing. My lunch order was for a portabella burger, which I often had in the past and it was usually quite tasty and satisfying. This time, however, it was definitely not. The mushroom was obviously not fresh - tasted funny so I checked it out and saw the tell-tale wrinkles on the cap denoting it's having been around for a while. In the past, The Pub had the most delicious French Fries beautifully cut basket-weave style, crispy and delicious. This time they were long shoe-string cuts of something that tasted little like french fries... I do believe they were not freshly made and both looked and tasted like they had been reheated leftovers. I broke one open and it looked most peculiar... like little white strands of something that did not resemble potatoes. This experience was so disappointing because The Pub used to be an old standby.
But I don't believe we will be dining there again.

• Visited August 2012