Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mary F

One of the Nicest Inn's I've Stayed in!

Review of Amherst Inn
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 16, 2021
I cannot say enough about this place the proprietors Ann and Allen are the nicest people. Their hospitality is beyond belief and very genuine. The rooms are very clean. The decor is commendable. Their breakfast is very good. This place is a must see. My boyfriend picked this place for a Valentine's Day weekend getaway. During this difficult virus time, he wanted to pick something within our state. I could not have been more delight with his choice. This Inn very well maintained and is a short walk from the Main Street Center which offers an abundance of little coffee shops and take out restaurants. We will definitely be returning in the Spring or Summer to enjoy the Inn's garden and yard.
Date of stay: February 2021
Room Tip: The Cypress Room
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
    $179
    $190
4.8 miles from Amherst Inn
View more hotels in Amherst
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 16, 2020

The Amherst Inn is a delightful place to stay. The decor is fabulous. My bed was very comfortable with plenty of bedding to stay warm on a cold night. There was plenty of space in my room to spread out and relax. I found it refreshing that there was not a television in the bedroom. (There is one in the inn's "Living Room.") While the inn is on Main Street near Amherst's downtown I did not traffic noise. The staff was welcoming and friendly. Freshly made breakfast to order was terrific. The property is well maintained. The grounds are nice relax on during nice weather.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank arbourne
Reviewed August 17, 2020

This is a beautiful place and the owners are kind, respectful, very helpful. The room I had (the Napoleon room) was clean, very spacious, filled with authentic Victorian furniture and decorations, had full running AC. The building (Amherst Inn) is just across the street from the Emily Dickinson Museum and a short 5 min. walk from the main area of Amherst. Breakfast is served and cooked by the owner and she makes excellent scrambled eggs! The dining area is very small (which may be an issue in the time of Covid) but everyone wore masks so I felt safe and protected. I would definitely re-book!

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed February 17, 2020

Each room is unique and was restored with great care for details. It has a Sweedish touch. We even had towel warmers! My friends and I had a delightful stay and the breakfast is delicious and copious. Owners are super friendly. And it is located right across from Emily Dickinson's house and museum and walking distance to the town center. Highly recommend it!

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed February 17, 2020

My boyfriend and I wanted to get away for the weekend and had hoped to stay in Northampton to check out the cool shops and botanical garden at Smith but had trouble finding a bed and breakfast that was reasonably priced there. I stumbled upon the Amherst Inn in neighboring Amherst and was so glad I did. We prefer to stay in the old Victorian homes as opposed to the chain hotels. Home cooked breakfast, tastefully decorated rooms, an entirely restored inn decorated in the style typical of the period, complete with a parlor for games. We had an excellent stay and Ann was lovely. She was able to accommodate my gluten and pet allergies. We were originally booked at the Allen House Inn but she was able to move to us to the Amherst Inn. I would definitely return!

Room tip: There are two properties, the Allen House has kitties, the Amherst Inn does not.
Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed December 27, 2019

How lovely this. We are propped up n the Persian Room bed verlooking Emily Dickenson’s home and The Evergreens. We are up early and fresh coffee and a made to order hot breakfast await... I’ll have to over to the parlor to read for a bit... great beds, welcomes, decor, atmosphere. Not leaving!

Date of stay: December 2019