“Amherst Inn - all the Victoriana you could wish for” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amherst Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amherst
Amherst Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
Mansfield Center, Connecticut
“Amherst Inn - all the Victoriana you could wish for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Excellent atmosphere, very interesting rooms, gracious staff, good food and right across the street from Emily Dickenson's house. Close to the center of Amherst- walking distance. Comfortable, quiet, very good breakfasts.

Room Tip: Steep stairs- if you have trouble carrying your suitcase, ask for help.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had a wonderful weekend staying at the Amherst Inn. My room was full of charming character as was the entire inn. The hosts couldn't have been more hospitable - I truly felt cared for and at home. The other guests were a delight and breakfast was good. I will be staying at the Amherst Inn again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Sag Harbor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Dream B&Bs, should be more than a bed and meal. B&Bs evoke a sense of home, yet more than just a house, bed, and some grub. B&Bs that we dream of are magical, a home, but w/ more style, charm, and comfort than a cold hotel room, or a guest bedroom. If you agree, you MUST stay at the Amherst Inn.

Ann and Allen have transformed a New England Victorian House into a magnificent, elegant, and wildly comfortable escape from the ordinary, mundane world. Each room is meticulously designed, every bed is more comfortable than the next, and every detail throughout the entire house is tended to w/ love and attention.

I don't know these people's last name. I've only stayed here a half dozen times (our son is a UMass Amherst student), and I have no vested interest, short of wanting to spread the word of this very special B&B.

Room Tip: Bathroom sizes differ, and some are larger, others quite small. The room I like to stay in, #7, has...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robbie_Vorhaus
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at the Amherst Inn the week school started because my apartment situation fell through. I was lucky there was a room available for me to stay at. Upon my arrival at Amherst, the host picked me up at the bus station, and offered to drive me around to look at apartments. At that point, I was more than happy to have a place to stay while school started, and finding my new place for the school year. I was so comfortable at the Inn I didn't want to leave. Full breakfast every morning, my own bathroom, a very comfortable room - what more could I ask for. At the end of the week I was able to find an apartment, but I keep telling everyone if they had guests in town, to make sure to give Amherst Inn a call. They won't regret it! Thank you Amherst Inn for such a warm welcome into Amherst and the school year!

Room Tip: Any room you pick I'm sure you'll enjoy!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Burgess, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Walk through the front door and step into the 1800's. Beautifully decorated with period furniture and pictures, this 1800's Inn has 21st century amenities. The room was large, bed was very comfortable, bath was small but well stocked, shower water was hot and the hostess was wonderful. A complete hot breakfast awaits you in the morning to include eggs, sausage, fruit, pan cakes and much more. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the Main Street side which wasn't bad but a back bedroom might be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

On learning I'd be coming to Amherst College for a couple of weeks, I looked for accommodation that would be walking distance from my work. There were a variety of options, but for me the decision was easy: Amherst Inn is directly across the road from Emily Dickinson's homestead (museum), and I'm a huge fan of her poetry. I enquired whether it was possible to have a room overlooking the homestead and was offered a choice between a smaller and larger room. I chose the larger and was delighted with the view and comfort that met me. Breakfast was a friendly and delicious affair (I indulged in blueberry and cinnamon pancakes with maple syrup several times a week during my time there), and my room was supplied with chocolates each day. The hosts were warm and friendly (including dropping me at the bus stop), and the whole experience was of a home away from home in a lovely Victorian house (1850s I think). It really was a unique experience, and I could write a whole essay on it, but I'll simply say that I highly recommend.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this Inn for 2 nights this past weekend and had a great experience. Very comfortable, nice breakfast in a family style setting, and close to the downtown area. Will come back and do recommend it!

Room Tip: Go on the site and look at the rooms. Each one has its own style.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hotel UMass
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Amherst Inn? Share your experiences!