“Always delicious”
Review of Bistro 63

Bistro 63
Ranked #9 of 114 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sleek, modern atmosphere with full service bar serving fusion East meets West cuisine. Additional dining room with bar for special events for up to 100 guests. Covered deck for outdoor dining.
“Always delicious”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband, a friend and I had dinner last week at Bistro 63, a restaurant of chef-owner Mauro Aiello, a superb chef. It's a favorite destination for special occasions as well as an impromptu evening out. The restaurant serves a variety of foods, with an excellent regular menu of meats, poultry, seafood, fish and vegetarian entrees with daily specials of dishes prepared with fresh locally sourced foods. Most recently I went with two companions and chose to dine outdoors on the balcony. The last serving of the Brandino special went out just before our waiter put in our order, so instead I had a Maytag blue cheese salad along with delicious Eggplant Napoleon. My friend chose a first course of Lobster Corn Chowder followed by a half-rack of Lamb, perfectly medium rare as requested and served with a gorgonzola sauce and garlic mashed potatoes. My husband loved the Seafood Pescatore with shrimp, scallops and mussels in a light tomato-wine sauce over linguini. We shared a tiramisu for dessert and finished with espresso. Our server was attentive but not intrusive, friendly and skillful. Such good food on the outdoor patio on a beautiful evening!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank hjwh

Amherst, Massachusetts
“Always Good”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Monkey Bar is very welcoming for a single woman. Sitting at the bar makes me feel at home and there is always someone to chat with - sometimes a regular, sometimes a stranger. There is always a game on and that breaks the ice. The food is consistently very good and if you go often enough, your favorite "off-the-menu" dish might make it into the computer! Great cocktails, good wine selection, and a menu you can count on. Daily specials include a salad. The Puttanesca Sauce is the best I have ever had! Salads are crips and cold, the bread basket interesting and the portions just right. The oysters are always fresh, the famous lobster chowder very filling; the lamb lollipops are yummy, the steaks always perfect. Show up with 7 friends and you get your reserved table promptly. There is always Limoncello on the house at the end of the meal - just for us, the favorite regulars of course!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Artichokeanyone
Pelham, MA
“The positive reviews are a mystery!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Longtime Pioneer Valley residents, we keep going back based on TA reviews, and each time find the food average, the prices high ($4-21!...dream on), the wait long, and the waitstaff vaguely familiar with the dishes and food prep. The most recent trip was a birthday dinner for 4, all of us with some sort of complaint, and a final bill of $200 for dinner and a drink. My suspicion is that many of the reviews come from the bar rather than the restaurant, so maybe next time we'll try beer and bar food.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank MisterJJ
Danvers
“Friendly service, good menu, and quality food”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were visiting our son at UMass and wanted to to treat him and us to a nice meal. Bistro63 fit the bill.

The menu has a very nice and large selection of items. There are a few beers on tap (I went for BBC Steel Rail Pale Ale - always nice). Everything we got was very good. My son went for the "piggy back" starter (small sandwich of barbecued pork and duck) - he ate it all. I went for the Eggplant Neopolatin (small but just right). Mains were Kobe beef burger (quite good) and seared tuna - also good (so good that my son ordered one to go for his roommate).

Service was pleasant and attentive.

Two starters, three mains, 4 drinks came to about $120 without tip.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Paul M
Amherst, Massachusetts
“One of Amherst best”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have been to the Monkey Bar a few times, the restaurant has a contemporary feel inside that matches the menu, the food is always great and nicely presented, the service was excellent!!
The back patio opened recently as well...

• Visited April 2014