“Judie's Amherst MA”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Judie's is a fun, one of a kind restaurant in the heart of Amherst. The menu provides a wide selection of well prepared dishes. The drinks are fun, as well. I especially like the popovers (everyone does) and the seafood bisque. As an Amherst resident, I have dined there numerous times. One more thing, the Kentucky Derby pie is terrific for dessert.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Had the pleasure of dining at Judie's twice already in 2014, once because of a generous gift card I received for Christmas and the second time for one of my daughter's birthdays. Still loving the delicious food, great service, and cozy atmosphere.

Try the sparklers. These inventive fruit based drinks in sugar rimmed glasses with a split of champagne or prosecco on the side are a special addition to your meal. They pack a punch, so dine leisurely, eat plenty of food, and savor a rich, hot cup of coffee with one of their homemade desserts.

Everything was perfectly cooked and delicious. Popovers to die with with homemade apple butter, over the top yummy desserts like sticky toffee pudding cake, fresh salads with house dressing and a sprinkle of crunch almonds, and entrees like the drunkin' scallops with tender scallops and pasta soaking up a beer infused sauce.

Check out my pictures. Everything was as good as it looked.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I've lived in Amherst since 1990, and have dined at Judi's on several occasions. Women like meet for lunch or dinner there a lot, and it is the place many of my out of town friends want to go when they visit here. In my opinion Judi's is overrated. The tables are crowded so that you can hear your neighbor's conversation, and they can hear yours. The food is just ok. There are a lot of choices on the menu, but there is nothing to rave about. Everyone loves the popovers, and if you like popovers, these are pretty good. The salads are huge with some strange combinations of ingredients and loads of lettuce that is not always crisp. There is usually a long line to get a table, and I just don't understand why when there are so many other good choices in Amherst.

2  Thank Christine_B462
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have no words for how much I love this place. the atmosphere is fantastic. the service is outstanding...we have even spoken with the owner on occasion just because she is out on the floor checking on things. There are gluten-free options and the food is out-of-this world. I highly suggest the red sangria!

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I've been going here at least 6 times a year since 1995. I live pretty far from here and would always make the trip for the great food and very good prices. However, portions and overall food quality have decreased considerably. Prices have skyrocketed. I kept going back hoping for the great food I remembered. It's become very evident those days are gone..... Very sad.

1  Thank Renee V