“Mildly disappointing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Amherst needs another "student joint" like it needs more potholes, but after my wife had a very good lunch, I tried it with some friends. I had read about their superlative hamburgers, so I tried it.
It was o.k. but overcooked (I asked medium rare and got medium well). French fries were o.k.

Their beers are varied but none appealed to me. It would be nice if they served a "half-pint" (8 or 10 oz) for lunch eaters who have things to do later.

I suppose in many place this would be a good lunch bet, but you can do better in and around Amherst.

There are newer reviews for High Horse

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We went to the High Horse based our a friend's recommendation. We started with the nachos, which promised to be huge, and for $13, should have been--but weren't--just overpriced. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich, which was terrible. The chicken seemed to be reheated. My husband ordered a burger, which he loved. The kids meals were okay but also overpriced. We will stick with Judie's across the street for much better--and cheaper--food.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Former site of Amherst Brewing Company, now a different brewpub. Fewer beers, and I did not care for as many as I like from ABC, but that more a matter of personal preference. Nice menu, good food with some very fresh, creative items. Good service. Cavernous, catacomb-like interior, pleasant patio on the street, separate bar on top floor.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The burger and milkshakes are fantastic. The service is also very good. The only dislike is that it is a little pricey.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have visited both the upper and lower bars a few times and they're both great. The bars have a warm feel with interesting and eclectic art work. The bar tenders are very nice and the drinks are good and decently priced. I love to go and grab a drink and play pool (upstairs) but the upper bar can get really busy on the weekends.