“Love this place”

Ranked #54 of 114 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Japanese
“Love this place”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I go here often on my way home from campus. Very good sushi dishes to go to treat your self while you study!

Wappingers Falls, New York
“Average”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Location:
Easy to find. Just about a minute up from the UMass campus.
Parking right in the front.

Atmosphere:
Not much. Somewhat worn appearance, but not in the antique way.
Floor finish is worn off to the bare wood in spots, for example.

Food:
Lots of various dishes offered. Moderate prices.
I chose the Shrimp Teriyaki.
It came with a small bowl of nondescript miso soup.
Also, a small bowl of salad: shredded lettuce, topped with a few VERY thin sticks of carrots and one thin slice of cucumber.
The shrimp was O.K. and certainly a good quantity of it, no complaints there.
Vegetables came with it, but not much. Some pieces were way over-cooked, but one piece of carrot was completely raw.

Service:
Food was delivered efficiently and promptly.
Wrong bill given to me.
After I got the right bill I gave the person who came to take the payment a $20 bill. He asked me "Do you want any change?" At first I was confused because I thought he was talking about coins. Later I realized he was in effect suggesting that I leave a 25% tip. Not the most welcome service move.
Also, some spoke with an accent that was hard for me to understand (I am hearing impaired). That would be O.K., but acting offended when I had to ask 2X to repeat what they said was not.

• Visited July 2014
North Andover, Massachusetts
“Awesome”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great value and delicious miso soup and Japanese salad. It is BYOB and right across the street from the Black Walnut Inn.

Visited March 2014
Saxapahaw, North Carolina
“good value”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

House of Teriyaki is directly across the street from the Black Walnut Inn where I was staying. The sushi was fresh and delicious. The noodle soup was outstanding. They do not serve alcohol, and I do not know if one is allowed to BYOB.

Visited April 2014
montague
“local favorite”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We love this neighborhood restaurant, and eat here at least once a week. The sushi is fresh, portions are generous, service is friendly, atmosphere is comforably informal. The crispy tofu sushi is my favorite.

• Visited January 2014