“A great time was had by all” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 24 things to do in Amherst
South Hadley, Massachusetts
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A great time was had by all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We visited this winery on Saturday April 20, 2013 and everyone had a great time. We brought some of our own cheese and crackers to taste the wine with and a picnic lunch to enjoy in their fireside room after the tasting was over. All the wines were enjoyed though some more than others and other than the fact that we should have dressed a little warmer - the barn is cold though very picturesque, it was a successful outing. Definitely worth the trip, perhaps on a warmer day when we could have enjoyed the picnic outside. It is $5 for the tasting and you get to keep your logo glass.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Melinda H

Belchertown, MA
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Tasty wines. Great wine tasting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I went for a wine tasting. Loved the information along with the tastes. We left with 2 bottles for home. Very good wines.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank w_ma_lady
West Springfield, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun place to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I've been twice for tastings. The first time I went with my boyfriend. We were looking for something fun but cheap to do and decided to try it out. We had so much fun that we took my parents a couple of weekends later. The wine is very very good. I will definately be going back in the spring.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Kara Z
Williamsburg, Massachusetts
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fabulous afternoon trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Being the sister winery to the Hardwick Winery & Vineyard, it definitely doesn't disappoint. This place a great selection of fruit wines. One must be able to diversify when it comes to trying and tasting different wines and this is the place to do just that. If you are a wine snob and believe that only grapes can make a true wine, then you don't know what you are missing. The Amherst Farm has about fifteen different fruit wines to tantalize your taste buds and the atmosphere will have you coming back time and again. The staff is fantastic and very knowledgeable about the products and the process. If I was to make a recommendation about any of the wines, I couldn't make a fair judgement, because I think they are all great and every ones palates are different. Bring an open mind and possibly a picnic snack or lunch, for after you are done tasting and being entertained, you may buy a glass of your favorite and sit inside or out weather permitting. Also, there is a small fee for tastings. Cheers!

Visited October 2012