All reviews ice machine quiet at night the hotel staff key campuses desk massachusetts
Selected filters
Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

Very Nice Place to stay..
I liked the location onnits own little knoll and very nice quiet at night.

Its walking distance to downtown even in brisk weather.

We arrived late but the key was securely waiting for us.
a kind person guided us through the procedure by phone.
My mother liked that the car was right outside our room. Its seclued but right in town.
The staff was so cheerfuul and helpful.

If ever again I will stay here.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

Well, the location is KEY! That being said, Don’t forget about updating bc people Will Take your location anyway. You Really need to pay attention to detail bc the carpets just FEEL not good underfoot and I therefore I didn’t walk without my shoes on. The flooring in the bathroom is Quite discolored. Upon checking in, I immediately reported to the office that my toilet paper roller was missing, and the roll was kept on the toilet tank. It’s a small establishment so it won’t cost the proprietor Thousands and thousands of dollars. It was clean, and the doors locked. Those things are Most important, but please reinvest in your property.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2018

The University Lodge has been in Amherst for many years. The location is fantastic to the University of Massachusetts and the center of town. The lodge could use some updates but is very clean and the beds are comfortable. The price is very reasonable for the location and a clean and comfortable place to stay.

Room tip: The University Lodge does allow pets in some rooms.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2018

Location, location, location! We recently stayed at the University Lodge for 10 nights. The motel is clean, the hotel staff friendly and efficient, and our room was quiet (the top level on the end). As another reader said, it's not the Ritz, and I had my doubts when we first walked in (definitely needs some updating, especially the carpet), but it was clean and quiet and suited our needs just perfectly. I was easily able to walk downtown, to the UMass and Amherst campuses, to the local coffeehouses. We also brought our dogs on this trip, and the room was able to accomodate their crates, and there is plenty of green space to walk them. We had a very positive experience here, and will definitely consider staying here again.

Room tip: Upstairs room (motel is on a hill, so upstairs doesn't mean stair-climbing).
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ReadLit247
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

This motel takes you back to the days of old. It is not the Ritz, is in need of some updates (bathroom, carpet), but it is clean and has a frig. The staff is pleasant and accommodating especially when the room we were given, the AC was not working, they moved us to a different room. The price was decent for the trip especially on a budget. Near UMass, walking distance to all restaurants, nice area. Would stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2018