“Ole Mexicana”

Dining options: Late Night
Philadelphia
“Ole Mexicana”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Accommodated a party of 6 with no problem. Great Margaritas, Burritos, Quesadillas , salads. Catered to special requests for degree of spice.

Visited July 2014

Amherst MA
“Was served a piece of PLASTIC in my food”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I've been to Mission Cantina occasionally and always thought the place was a decent Mexican, but apart from that basically overrated. Face it, the food in the Valley tends to the mediocre, there isn't much competition for Mexican restaurants, and there's not much else happening in South Amherst. Tonight's meal, however, was disgusting in that I suddenly found myself chewing on a piece of PLASTIC. Yes, an inch-long, piece of gray plastic that was shredded at one end. I called over the manager, who took the piece and went over to the kitchen ostensibly to find out what the heck it was. He never deigned return to my table, sending over instead a ditzy waitress who came claiming that it was from the jar that contained the guacamole. When I pointed out that I hadn't eaten guacamole, she switched stories assuring me that it came "from one of the containers where they prepare the food". An obvious lie from a staff too lazy to find out what the hell was in my food and too blase to do anything about it. Yes they comped the meal, but that's not what I wanted. I wanted to know WHAT THE HELL HAD I SWALLOWED, which I never did find out. This place should fail their next Dept of Health inspection. DO NOT GO TO MISSION CANTINA BECAUSE YOU WON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE EATING!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Daisy R
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Get your tooth chipped for free!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Hey, if your looking for great mexican food, this is the spot! But be careful if you order the tacos because you might get your tooth chipped at no extra cost! Chewing on my third chicken taco on June 24, 2014 my teeth encounter a very hard object, and then I heard a nice crack. I'm no old man, so my teeth don't chip easily. I spit my food out on the plate, and inspected my tooth with my tongue. Sure enough there was a nice hole where the inside of my "first premolar" tooth use to be… The manager on site refused to give me the owners name… Kind of sketchy if you ask me… But I kindly apologized for the inconvenience that their food caused me and then left. I am in the process of talking to my lawyer, and they will definitely hear from me very, very soon… Again good mexican food, good atmosphere if your looking to eat tonight...

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Miles M
Granby, Massachusetts
“Still hungry”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Still hungry after our dinner. The tacos are mini size so order many of them. I had the Fish Tacos and the tiny pieces of fish were hidden under a lot of shredded red cabbage. But the Margaritas are good and friendly service. Seems like a nice place to get together with friends and make sure you get there early on the weekends, the small parking lot fills up quick.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Darbump
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Hottest Mexican in The Area”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Mexican style food is hard to come buy in our area but Mission Cantina fill that niche very well! Of course, you have to arrive early to get a table since it is very popular. I don't mind feeling like I have joined the blue hair crowd for the early bird specials to get a seat at the bar! Otherwise, there is at least an hour wait. European style diners take note: you may have a few margaritas before sitting down! My favorite is the chicken mole but there is a nice menu of typical Mexican fare and the chips with three salsas are exceptionally good. The Chiles Rellenos make me cry every time, but I can never resist them. The bar tenders are friendly and the wait staff squeezes through the crowd with infinite patience.

Visited May 2014