“Great Chinese Food”

Ginger Garden
Ranked #11 of 116 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This about 1 month old restaurant is located on Route 9, (or Russel Street) in front of the Big Y shopping Plaza. Excellent Chinese food)
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Must be on your list if you like Chinese food. Their steamed meat dumplings are delicious as are most of their dishes

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The go to spot for authentic cuisine, friendly service, and the best sushi. Travel far to get here because it is so well worth the trip.

1  Thank Deerfield Inn C
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Went on a Friday night, last family hurrah before leaving my daughter at college. I had read other reviews and decided we should give it a try. The decor is nice, nothing special. A large room with booths around some bamboo plants. The waiters were friendly and warm. We had a delicious appetizer of Mussels in garlic and basil and would have had the Salt and Pepper Calimari too if they weren't out of it. I had ordered the lamb 2 ways which came promptly and was delicious. I asked for it spicy but not too and got more lie not spicy at all. it was sill very fresh and delicious. the slow part came in waiting for my husband and daughters sushi. I was 3/4 of the way through my meal when their plates finally came. The waiter had brought some crispy noodles to tide them over but it was still a very long time before their meals came. Overall, it was ok though and I don't think the wait on the food would keep us from returning. What we ate was that good.

1  Thank artsygirl
Reviewed August 30, 2013

They offer a special menu for people looking fir authentic Chinese dishea. Apart from their very delicious SiChuan food( speaking as a true SiChuanese). I also like their other dishes that are more of ShangHai cuisine. The menu is a nice combination of spicy and light non-spicy dishes.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I sat at the bar because I was traveling alone. They have several beers on tap that are very good but only found in this region. I ordered a spicy chicken and Napa Cabbage dish with bits of fresh ginger. I was also served some peanuts with red chili seasoning. I enjoy spicy or "picante" foods and this one delivered. The cabbage seemed a little soft but they may have been the cooks intention. But I enjoyed eating this and I would have it again.

The bartender was an American but he studied in China because he and the manager would switch languages in mid sentence.