“Good Food and Service”

Ginger Garden
Ranked #10 of 116 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This about 1 month old restaurant is located on Route 9, (or Russel Street) in front of the Big Y shopping Plaza. Excellent Chinese food)
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ginger Garden was a very nice dining experience. My boyfriend claims it was the best Chinese food he's ever eaten. Yes, it was good but I wouldn't go so far as to say "Best I've Ever Eaten". We had the caterpillar sushi roll, which was light and fresh and flavorful. The Dragon and Phoenix dinner special (General Tso's and Shrimp) was really good. Service was good, but a bit over the top. Every time I took a sip of my water, someone was there to refill my glass, which annoyed me. Also, they don't give you knives. I like knives.

1  Thank Grace B

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I thought the food was poor with the exception of the twice cooked pork belly dish they had as a special, nothing else was particularly enjoyable besides the General Tso chicken, which is hard to mess up. I would not go back there.

1  Thank g_fly2002
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Offers a wide variety of reasonably priced Asian food in an unpretentious atmosphere. The restaurant seems to be popular with all the college students because they have a huge liquor list. But they weren't rowdy. I found the food just a touch bland (I suspect that the establishment is Taiwanese; Taiwanese food is famously bland), but the ingredients were clearly very fresh. If I lived in the area, I'd certainly return.

Having heeded the warnings not to order anything from the Japanese section of the menu, we stuck with Chinese dishes only.

1  Thank DrGoldin
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am a big fan of Ginger Garden. Always my go to place for great Asian food in Western Mass. They have added many new menu items focusing on authentic Chinese cooking from various regions of the country. I like my food spicy, so the new Szechuan menu is perfect for me. When they say spicy they mean it, so watch out if you are a bit wimpy when it comes to firey food. They are more than happy to tone it down so you can have all of the flavor, but not as much heat. Love the great service and the friendly staff. Always seated quickly and always attended to. Get adventurous and try out some of their new menu items. I will go back and back again. I have gone there every week and have tried a new menu item each time. Last time I was there, the waiter suggested hot and sour soup (on the regular menu) and said it was his favorite. Now it's my favorite too. It was the best I ever had.

1  Thank Michie1291
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Ginger Garden has so many choices on its several menus that it's hard to choose. We opted to order Asian Fusion dishes, coconut chicken soup, spring rolls, panang chicken and drunken noodles. Everything was delicious. Portions were large. Service was good. The atmosphere of the restaurant is nicer than most Chinese or Asian restaurants in the area, which is a plus, making the meal feel more like a nice "evening out" than just a place to grab something to eat. We'll definitely be back often to try out the rest of the menu, which includes traditional Chinese as well as Japanese dishes.

1  Thank MaNewenglander