“great food and atmosphere”
Review of Ginger Garden

Ginger Garden
Ranked #12 of 115 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This about 1 month old restaurant is located on Route 9, (or Russel Street) in front of the Big Y shopping Plaza. Excellent Chinese food)
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Ginger Garden has so many choices on its several menus that it's hard to choose. We opted to order Asian Fusion dishes, coconut chicken soup, spring rolls, panang chicken and drunken noodles. Everything was delicious. Portions were large. Service was good. The atmosphere of the restaurant is nicer than most Chinese or Asian restaurants in the area, which is a plus, making the meal feel more like a nice "evening out" than just a place to grab something to eat. We'll definitely be back often to try out the rest of the menu, which includes traditional Chinese as well as Japanese dishes.

1  Thank MaNewenglander

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife went our first time base on recomendations of friends, our second time was with a new cuople and now friends.
Our second visit was just as great as the first. Service was great, food was also great. From the moment we arrive and continued on even as we walked out the door the staff was very attentive and could not do enough for us. Attentive but not suffocating.You have a great selection of food selections to choose from and great great value for your money.
We look foward to many happy returns.

1  Thank bigbluehd
Reviewed August 30, 2012

the first time i went i had curry for the first time. loved it. second time i had teriaki shrimp. oh my god the best dish i ever had. very large menu hard to decide what to eat. can't wait to go and try something different. waitstaff very pleasant and attentive.

1  Thank Marcia S
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Big fan of Ginger Garden. Live in Greenfield but drive to Amherst for excellent Chinese, Japanese, and Thai dishes. The sushi is amazingly fresh and well presented...try the oh so sweet scallop, the deep red tuna and the delicate salmon. Best kani salad I have ever tasted and really innovative maki rolls. Wish not so many had a tempura twist to them because I really like the raw stuff as is. Menu is huge...also love the drunken noodles and the hot basil rice. Lots of parking and tables, greeted and seated quickly. I go there at least once a week and have never had a disappointing experience or meal.

1  Thank Michie1291
Reviewed July 28, 2012

A major improvement over the restaurant previously housed in this building, Ginger Garden was a delight. Seated immediately in a comfortable booth by a polite staff member, we were provided with menus, water, and our beverages (a beer for my boyfriend and a Coke for me) immediately. Worth noting is that many Asian restaurants, for whatever reason, have terribly watered down tasting soda. Not so at Ginger Garden. We were given ample time to look over their extensive menu, which includes both Chinese and Japanese fare but had our order taken as soon as it was evident that we were ready. Our waitress was the perfect mix of attentive and respectful. She didn't hover over us but was ready to swoop in with drink refills (alerting me that sodas have free refills, eliminating the awkward conversation where I am forced to ask such a question.) Our meals were brought to us quickly and well-prepared, even in spite of the fact that I asked for my sushi roll to be slightly altered. I can't remember the specific name of my sushi roll but it was fantastic. It was large and filling and included tempura shrimp, avocado, cukes, and lettuce, covered in eel sauce. There was ample ginger and wasabi provided. My boyfriend got the drunken noodles, which were also fantastic, although he noted that the hot pepper flakes were not always evenly distributed, resulting in some bites that were unexpectedly spicy. The dish included flat noodles, shrimp, chicken, asparagus, broccoli, snap peas, water chestnuts, and probably some other veggies I am forgetting. But it was delicious and a large portion. (We took some of both of our dinners back to our hotel.) One of the main things I loved about Ginger Garden is that it is a restaurant that does not use MSG and yet it's food doesn't suffer the way other restaurants who don't use MSG does. The bathrooms were clean and spacious, though it should be noted that there is a single toilet for women and a single toilet for men, the main reason I rated this restaurant as "Very Good" rather than "Excellent." Also, we found the prices to be very reasonable. Bottom line? If you're in the Pioneer Valley, check this place out.

2  Thank chedeco