“Great Pan Asian Menu”

Ginger Garden
Ranked #10 of 116 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This about 1 month old restaurant is located on Route 9, (or Russel Street) in front of the Big Y shopping Plaza. Excellent Chinese food)
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Chinese, Sushi, Thai, even an Indian dish on the menu. Takes a while to decide. I've eaten twice here. Really liked the Ma-la Chicken. Tried Sizzling Chicken the second time, that was so-so. Would definitely repeat.

1  Thank OzSarkoz

Reviewed May 25, 2012

The first time we went they had just opened. We ordered Sushi and some Chinese appetizers. The food came out a dish at a time. My kids were done and we had not gotten our food. After asking 3-4 times- I had to leave, food never came even though they insisted it was coming. The owner tried to refund me for it all- but I paid for what we ate and left. The food was very greasy.
I went back a few days ago to try again. Very greasy egg rolls, but the food came out on time. All was well until my daughter found a piece of plastic in her Udon soup. The owner-- who did not remember me again offered a refund-- I paid and left. I think the food quality is poor. I would not return.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is a new restaraunt in a recently renovated building. It is has an extensive suchi bar and a full Asian menu, including Japanese, Chinese and Thai cooking. We love Chinese but expected the usualy chow meins and stir fries. I was surprised to see the Peking Duck and the house special Duck as well. I had to try what seemed different, and they were right about it being special. The house duck had been slow cooked once, and then deep fried for the final preparation. This made it suclent, tender and crispy all at the same time, but without that heavy batter. It had a nice mix of slightly cooked vegetables with it and filled the place with an enormous serving. I took home 1/2 of my plate and weighed it, to find that I still had 9 onces for home!
This restaraunt is neat and clean, with nice spaces between the tables. The atmosphere is very relaxing and the service was fantastic. Our waiter chatted with us and was also very helpful to the children on the next table. We were impressed by the friendly, prompt and courteous service. We've decided to go back at least onc a week so that we can start trying everything on the menu. With all the cuisines offered here, it might take us a while!

1  Thank Wanderingwest
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I've had really good Thai and Chinese take out from here. Better that average to be sure.

1  Thank MarthaL.
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Thought this was a buffet when I stopped for a quick 30 minute lunch only to discover a sit down restaurant. Great atmosphere, soft lavender walls, bamboo growing in the center of the dinning room, and Asian style music. Wait staff and host all very professional, in dress and manner and attentive. Ice water continuously appeared in my glass throughout the visit.

The menu boasts Chinese, Japanese, Thai, sushi. I ordered the General Tso chicken, won ton soup and a spring roll. I was also brought some delicious fried noodles with duck sauce. The won ton soup was pretty good with a broth that was not overly salty -yes! Spring roll like none I have ever seen before - 3-4 inches long and over an inch across on a bed of lettuce. Unfortunately, this would have faired better had it been drained on a paper towel before serving. But then the General Tso arrived. Wow! Not the mystery meat with more coating than meat, over fried in a sickeningly sweet sauce like most of the Chinese restaurants I've been to. Instead, I received lightly breaded chicken perfectly cooked in a delightful sauce with broccoli, red peppers, pea pods and chili peppers. It was, without a doubt, THE BEST I have ever had.

I got out of the restaurant in my 30 minute time frame and for only $13 with soda. The meal was so good I decided to get some take out for dinner. Stopped for shrimp and beef lo mein and, of course, more General Tso! This time I ordered egg rolls.

I drove the 30 minutes home, husband running late arrived another 30 minutes later. Went to reheat the food and was very surprised to find that it was still steaming hot! Wow. I was also happy to not have to deal with the paper cartons that leak all over the bags and my table from the local Chinese restaurant.

Egg rolls (pork) are not my favorite - I prefer chicken eggs rolls but husband enjoyed them thoroughly.

Would recommend eating in over the take out for the best taste. The take out ended up over steaming the broccoli leaving it a bit soggy where the lunch broccoli had been perfect.

Location: Corner of Rte 9 and University Drive, Amherst