“Very Few vegetarian options...”
Review of Lumber Yard - CLOSED

Lumber Yard
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: An elegant bar with hand-crafted cocktails & live jazz music every Thursday night.
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Have always loved the lumberyard until recently, My husband and I (he is a meat eater I am a pescatarian) I have always been able to put a few things together from the menu and enjoy my meal however on a recent visit it seems that everything involves meat, other than the Johnny cakes the brussel sprouts and the miso spread there wasn't much else I could enjoy the celery root soup has pancetta, the mussels have sausage the seared salmon has a veg chowder with bacon, mahi mahi..chorizo etc etc. I realize some will say ask for a substitution however first of all some things are already prepped together and leaving things out ruins the flavor profile they developed I can make a piece of fish and veg at home I go out to sample something different. We had a cocktail and had to leave so I could find something to eat....hopefully they will switch up the menu ( my husband hope as he loves the food here)and have a few meatless menu options, I can only eat Johnny cakes so many times...

1  Thank kloMassachusetts
There are newer reviews for Lumber Yard

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Uninspiring location...near a rail station, albiet not a very busy one. Storefront. But step inside and the enjoyment begins. The decor is lovely, the food great and the service is all that one would hope for. Creative menu. Nice bar and bar snacks. We have been there many times and will return often.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Jim and I stopped by after the movies Saturday night for bar supper. We had driven by the restaurant for a while, but had not stopped in because we kept forgetting about it. We won't forget it now!! The service is quite good, the bartenders are knowledgable and friendly, The wine list is quite good - has good range of prices. The food is delicious. We started off with the house salad which they kindly split for us. I had the chicken and gnocci and Jim had the strip steak. Both were flavorful, cooked just right and more than we could finish.

The atmosphere is delightful. Not stuffy, not too bright, and thankfully not too loud. Finally a restaurant that has purposefully accounted for acoustics. The overall design is clean and modern.

We will be back and often!

2  Thank Marty S
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had one of the most memorable and tasty meals in a very long time! The Salmon absolutely melted on the tongue and the flavor just beautiful! My husband had the lamb shank and loved it. The meat just fell off the bone and did not require a knife at all. Our one challenge was our waiter started off attentive but then became less and less so as the evening wore on. Once we caught him and let him know we needed to get going, he picked up the pace a bit.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Not cheap but well worth it.
Reservations are essential at this very popular small restaurant.
Check out the music offerings.