“Excellent!”

Lumber Yard
Ranked #18 of 116 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An elegant bar with hand-crafted cocktails & live jazz music every Thursday night.
Southampton, Massachusetts
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and another couple and I visited the Lumber Yard over the weekend and it was FANTASTIC! Very fresh organic foods cooked to perfection. What a find! We will definately be back.

• Visited January 2013

Shokan, New York
“Modern interior; new American food”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Food was very good; the decor is a little modernistic for my taste, with a high wall and "interesting" designer fireplace dividing the seating section from the bar, but don't let that stop you from enjoying the food and, the night we were there, fun live music.

Visited November 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great Food”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Had the pleasure of eating there on our trip down to MA this past weekend and the food was excellent. We were hungry so I had the hushpuppies with pork belly which were killer, a special Scrapple app which I found out involved the 'lesser' cuts of meat all combined together into something truly exceptional, and the grilled meatloaf as a main, which I am told is quite popular with the regulars. My fiancee doesn't eat meat, so they were nice enough to send out a brussels sprout take on scrapple for her, and she had the mussels. I'm not a big fan of mussels in general so I didn't try them but based on the lack of anything remaining on the plate she really seemed to enjoy them.
Ambiance is nice, we were able to sit at the bar beforehand for a drink and the bartender likes to run special cocktails which I think is a really cool touch. I had his take on a Manhattan. The place is energetic without being too loud, and has a really welcoming feel to it.
I would recommend this place to everyone and hope to get back there again at some point.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank g_fly2002
New York City, New York
“Splintered Decision”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Nantucket prices, high. Service sophistication, low. Food just okay. Butternut squash tartare app interesting, refreshing. Mussels good. Cod bland. Pork chop any day. Hardly a high-end staff. Not horrible. Not great. So so.

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank tablesedge
amherst
“excentric”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

They close in the summer and return in the fall. This is odd in that this area is a 4 season destination. Its like opening a new every fall. We arrived late and added a couple. They were gracious about the change. Bread and butter arrived. Some liked it, a dark flavorful moist hippy style others would have liked a baguette. Drink orders were taken and then oddly they asked only for our appetizers . They offer standard hamburgers, meat loaf and post modern concoctions like beef hearts and fish cheeks with an egg. The main course came. Our one waitress did here best to bring them but it took awhile to serve us all. Some in the party said start, others said we had to all wait. I noticed other waiters just standing around chatting that could have helped.They removed our wine glasses with the main course and we were left puzzled.

• Visited October 2012