“What a find!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Persian
Boston, Massachusetts
“What a find!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I'd been passing this restaurant for weeks, thinking it was Italian. I'd never eaten Persian food and was eager to try it once I realized what type of restaurant it was. The food was fantastic. The menu has some Middle Eastern staples but also less familiar items. There are a variety of lamb dishes, as well as gyros, wraps, and lots of vegetarian and gluten-free options. Our portions were sized just right with none of the trendy huge helpings so many restaurants give you. The exception to this was the baklava I had for dessert, which was easily twice the size of other pieces I've had. Very reasonably priced, though entrees with lamb tend to get a little pricy. I'd eat here every day if I could.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank morpe11

western mass
“MOTI Rules!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

For some strange reason, I have been avoiding going to Moti again after my first visit when it just opened a couple of years ago. I had dinner there last night and was delighted in every way.... the food, the decor, the service... all excellent. I tend to follow a vegan diet, and found a goodly number of suitable options. I chose two appetizers - Kashk, a delicious, succulent eggplant saute with walnuts and carmelized onions, that included thin, crispy wedges of pita. My other dish was a Persian Salad, the kind of Middle Eastern salad, some version of which is ubiquitous in that part of the world (Israeli, Turkish, Lebanese, Palestinian, etc) - finely diced tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, parsley simply and elegantly dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. I could hardly keep from licking the plates. Everything was fresh and delicious. For dessert, I had baklava which was so huge that even sharing half with my dinner partner was almost too much to finish. A look at the ample menu reveals that there are many vegetarian and vegan options and I can't wait to go back -- again and again, to try all of them. Hats off, Moti.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Urther
USA
“great food”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Surprising discovery to find this Persian restaurant in the little town. The food was really great. The service was fine and the sitting are comfy.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank peeam
Amherst
“Persian food!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Cant get persian food anywhere in Amherst. Its something new and different. Owner is present so that's nice to see. Great food, mediocre service.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank foody1987
“Great healthy food!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Love the dinner platters! Chicken kabobs are amazing! I will be back again very soon and I would recommend this place to all my friends!

1 Thank Micklegend