“Relaxing and serene - didn't want to leave!”

Hop Brook Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amherst
Hop Brook Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I attended UMASS some moons ago and returned recently for a 2 night visit. We changed our dates to stay at the Hop Brook B&B and I am so happy we did. Connie, the owner is terrific, full of knowledge about the area, an amazing cook and so friendly and accomodating. She provided information about where to eat, activities and walking paths close to the B&B. The location is perfect; close to Amherst yet quiet.
The room is very clean and private, above the garage and stocked with plenty of ammenities - books, fluffy towels, iPod docking station, tv, airconditioning and heat (can be chilly in October). There is a super comfortable bed you won't want to leave. Luckily, you don't have to far to travel as the delicious breakfast is delivered to your room on a tray. Connie provides a menu card the day before for you to select your choices - beverages, fruit, yougurt, eggs, etc. and delivery time. The room has a screen to separate the sleeping area from the kitchenette/relaxing area. Connie thoughtfully provides milk, cereal and her fantastic homemade granola. The room is relaxing, with soothing colors and tasteful decor.
We really enjoyed our stay, the conversations we had with the owners and hope to return soon. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hop Brook Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed September 10, 2012

If you are looking for a quiet, modern and very clean place to stay, Hop Brook is it. You get an entire, beautifully designed suite to yourself, a tasty and generous in-room breakfast, plenty of towels and a super comfortable bed. A great place to re-charge after a busy day touring colleges!
It is located on a country road, about 15 minutes away from Amherst center. The hosts are very warm, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed July 3, 2012

When I travel, I make a huge effort to find accommodations that will offer cleanliness, peace, privacy and a natural healthy environment. You will be sure to find this all here. The room is well designed offering the feeling of bedroom, living room and kitchen all in one space. I also love the wooden floors. The breakfast is healthy and served at your convenience. The Inn Keepers are friendly, respectful and accommodating. Everything was the best.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at the Hop Brook B&B. The suite looked just like the pictures. It had a very comfortable bed and a TV at one end. At the other end was a sitting area and a table and a small kitchenette. The kitchenette had a small refrigerator, a toaster and a electric tea pot. In the refrigerator was milk, water and some soft drinks. There was also several cereals and home made granola available for anytime. It was a nice large space. The other really nice thing was that it is the only room they rent out so they bring you your breakfast, at the time you ask for it. We got in late the first night so we asked for a late breakfast. It was nice not to have to work around the time they serve it. Every day, we got a card with breakfast selections on it for us to each choose from. So basically, your breakfast was made to order. And it was great. It was served attractively and tasted wonderful. Connie is also a wealth of information about the area. I had some ideas about what I wanted to do but she was able to steer us to other things that I hadn’t even heard of or found out anything about on Tripadvisor. So it was a very nice visit and we were super comfortable at the Hop Brook B&B.

I had read a lot of the reviews when we were looking for a place to stay and I'm so glad we stayed here. Several of the other places in town got a lot of mixed reviews so I looked elsewhere and I'm glad I did!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night and it was lovely. The bed is very comfortable. The decor is serene, and the overall environment is peaceful. There is a lovely garden and the food was great! Connie is a great host. We will definitely go again when back in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I can't imagine a better B&B at any price. This one is in a location that is at once central abd private/peaceful. Great space, decore, food and hosts.

If there were a ranking over 5 -- I'd use it! You can't miss with this one folks!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I lived in Amherst for 6 years for school and was planning to go back for a nice relaxing weekend with my girlfriend after being away for 2 years. As we searched online for places to stay we were repeatedly discouraged, as every B&B we looked at had an old, antique-y, Victorian feel that really just isn't our style. Luckily we stumbled upon this gem of a place, set in a neighborhood a few miles from downtown Amherst. This isn't your traditional B&B as it is one suite that is attached to the house of the owner (Connie), above the garage. The place has a great design with a sleek, clean, comfortable feel, and the room is brand new (I believe she just started this Spring) so it is immaculate. The pictures on the website definitely do it justice... no smoke in mirrors here. A great feature about it being a single room is the privacy it affords, meaning no loud, obnoxious neighbors on the other side of the wall! The breakfast provided on Saturday morning was excellent, with eggs, toast, greek yogurt, fresh fruit, etc... The second night we were there we got in late and were getting going early the next morning, so we weren't able to put in a breakfast request, but no worries, the room was stocked with coffee and some of Connie's delicious homemade granola, so we could enjoy a solid breakfast on our own schedule. Overall I give this place an "A" for the rooms comfort and style as well as the proprietors friendly and gracious personality. I would highly recommend Hop Brook to anyone visiting the area and plan to visit there again myself.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hotel UMass
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley
Amherst Inn
Amherst Inn
#2 of 12 in Amherst

Been to Hop Brook Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!