“A great place to stay!”

Hop Brook Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amherst
Hop Brook Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
Cincinnati
“A great place to stay!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at the Hop Brook B&B. The suite looked just like the pictures. It had a very comfortable bed and a TV at one end. At the other end was a sitting area and a table and a small kitchenette. The kitchenette had a small refrigerator, a toaster and a electric tea pot. In the refrigerator was milk, water and some soft drinks. There was also several cereals and home made granola available for anytime. It was a nice large space. The other really nice thing was that it is the only room they rent out so they bring you your breakfast, at the time you ask for it. We got in late the first night so we asked for a late breakfast. It was nice not to have to work around the time they serve it. Every day, we got a card with breakfast selections on it for us to each choose from. So basically, your breakfast was made to order. And it was great. It was served attractively and tasted wonderful. Connie is also a wealth of information about the area. I had some ideas about what I wanted to do but she was able to steer us to other things that I hadn’t even heard of or found out anything about on Tripadvisor. So it was a very nice visit and we were super comfortable at the Hop Brook B&B.

I had read a lot of the reviews when we were looking for a place to stay and I'm so glad we stayed here. Several of the other places in town got a lot of mixed reviews so I looked elsewhere and I'm glad I did!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night and it was lovely. The bed is very comfortable. The decor is serene, and the overall environment is peaceful. There is a lovely garden and the food was great! Connie is a great host. We will definitely go again when back in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Montague, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I can't imagine a better B&B at any price. This one is in a location that is at once central abd private/peaceful. Great space, decore, food and hosts.

If there were a ranking over 5 -- I'd use it! You can't miss with this one folks!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I lived in Amherst for 6 years for school and was planning to go back for a nice relaxing weekend with my girlfriend after being away for 2 years. As we searched online for places to stay we were repeatedly discouraged, as every B&B we looked at had an old, antique-y, Victorian feel that really just isn't our style. Luckily we stumbled upon this gem of a place, set in a neighborhood a few miles from downtown Amherst. This isn't your traditional B&B as it is one suite that is attached to the house of the owner (Connie), above the garage. The place has a great design with a sleek, clean, comfortable feel, and the room is brand new (I believe she just started this Spring) so it is immaculate. The pictures on the website definitely do it justice... no smoke in mirrors here. A great feature about it being a single room is the privacy it affords, meaning no loud, obnoxious neighbors on the other side of the wall! The breakfast provided on Saturday morning was excellent, with eggs, toast, greek yogurt, fresh fruit, etc... The second night we were there we got in late and were getting going early the next morning, so we weren't able to put in a breakfast request, but no worries, the room was stocked with coffee and some of Connie's delicious homemade granola, so we could enjoy a solid breakfast on our own schedule. Overall I give this place an "A" for the rooms comfort and style as well as the proprietors friendly and gracious personality. I would highly recommend Hop Brook to anyone visiting the area and plan to visit there again myself.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
vashon island
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I made a last-minute trip to massachusetts and had a deuce of a time finding a place to stay. Hop Brook was one who did have a vacancy - and wonderfully accommodating. I had no information the place, but the email communications made me quite comfortable taking the risk - am I ever so glad that I did. There is only ONE suite and so you are catered to in your room, which has a separate dining area divisible from the sleeping/bathing by a shoji screen wall. Light, airy, spa-like colours, quiet, serene, and beautifully appointed. Their is a flat screen tv, airconditioning, and a bed to die for! Local fruits and breads with my morning meal. My every whim was met - details for site seeing, restaurant recommendations, and local activities that I might enjoy - even my favourite greek yogurt. Located in a lovely residential neighbourhood - it is quiet and safe, even with such close proximity to so many colleges. There is a walking trail through the trees nearby, easy access to the highway, nearby Northampton, and Historic Deerfield. I cannot recommend Connie and Hop Brook highly enough.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hotel UMass
#3 of 5 in Northampton
D. Hotel & Suites
D. Hotel & Suites
#2 of 5 in Holyoke

Been to Hop Brook Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!