“Decent not great”

Miss Saigon
Ranked #14 of 116 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I love Vietnamese food and seek out restaurants when I travel. My bun tom nuang was just ok. Seems like "fast food" version rather than authentic homemade.

It was ok. I'd try somewhere else before I went back.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

There were a lot of college student customers and not enough waitresses, thus resulting in a longer wait for food. We ordered the "supposedly popular" curry phô and it turned out to be not so good...

Though the regular phô was alright. No special recollection though. :/

All in all, solid phô restaurant with nice ambiance.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Setting is casual with formica tables and booths. Miss Saigon is well known by the locals. Lines form during the weekend , however, service is fast and efficient once seated. Definitely try the pho soup. The pho (popular Vietnamese noodle and broth dish) is fragrant with fresh cilantro and basil. The beef pho , not the beef tripe, is a meal by itself. BTW for those of you with glutan free diets, pho is made with rice noodles .
Tips:
1. It's a BYOB.
2. Use the municipal parking lot . Its driveway is between the restaurant and CVS.
3. Make reservations if you are a party of six or more.

1  Thank Beckysmom31
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I would concur with the positive reviews and can see why this restaurant is ranked so highly among Amherst's offerings. I can't speak to whether or not the food is authentically Vietnamese or not, but the dishes are very fresh, flavorful and reasonable priced. The waitstaff are friendly and hardworking. The decor is pleasant. I would definitely go back.

1  Thank Steve_Stuart
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We have been here in this restaurant before, a few years ago, and the Vietnamese menu seem endlessly vast in the variety and flavor. This restaurant have excellent soups, traditional Vietnamese and that the vegetable dishes are also excellent, delicious! We feel that this "type" of food needs some getting used to,that the taste is very different and very light too! The wait staff is very good, and the ambience is good, with some view of the main street traffic of this college town!
We always seem to really enjoy this excellent restaurant, whenever we pass by this town. Of course, we will be back to this restaurant in a few months.

1  Thank Felixberto E