“Omigosh.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
calais,VT
“Omigosh.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

If you have even the slightest inclination towards Asian cuisine, please go to Miss Saigon if you are in Amherst. The appearance from the outside is not flashy, and the inside is ordinary, but ambiance is not what you will be going here for. The food! The food! The menu is lengthy- many things to go back for- I wound up having to just pick something quickly when everyone else in my group was ready and I loved what I got. Three of us ordered noodle bowls, which were accompanied by a beautiful tower of fresh hot pepper slices, mung bean sprouts and holy basil to add to taste. Large portions- we all took some home- and prompt, polite service. Go there!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lynne W

western mass
“Great choices for Vegans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We enjoy this restaurant more and more each time we dine here. While they don't necessarily cater to vegans and vegetarians, their vegan options outshine most that are available in this good-restaurant-rich area. It is always difficult to choose what to get from a very large list of options at Miss Saigon and they can make almost all of their menu suitable for vegans.
This time we feasted on a huge bowl of Eggplant tofu vermicelli which included lots of crisp, fresh veggies (broccoli, snow peas, bok choy, bean sprouts and more), a delicious fried spring roll and perfectly cooked noodles in a special vegetarian sauce. They are obviously accustomed to serving vegans since there was ready recognition when we requested "no fish sauce" (a ubiquitous ingredient in most Vietnamese dishes). We ordered another dish from their special lunch menu that came with an incredibly delicious vegan tofu and tomato soup. The portions are huge and we could have done with sharing just one item. I do not hesitate to highly recommendi Miss Saigon in Amherst, MA.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Urther
Amherst, MA
“Hearty Asian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is an informal Vietnamese/Asian restaurant with large portions of good food, friendly but informal service, and a "college town" atmosphere. We ate here about 18 months ago and were disappointed, but returning proved that they had really improved the food. I enjoyed the spring rolls, Phu noodle soup. While probably not "gourmet" quality, it is very good.
Beware of crowds on weekends; even students can afford to eat here. Their lunches are a real bargain.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ESE43
Kingston, NY
“Good service, nice variety, pleasant dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

The noodle bowls were especially good. We found the service prompt and respectful, the food excellent and the overall experience exceeded expectations.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Dale P
Wayland, MA
“Good and inexpensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

The restaurant was quite busy at 7pm on a Friday night of UMass Parents Weekend, but the turnover was fairly quick, so we were seated after a maybe 15 minutes wait. There was never not a line the whole time we were there. we started with the shrimp toast, delicious though not the same as Chinese restaurant shrimp toast. My husband had #71 Fish Stew, and I had #65 Broken Rice w/ beef. My first experience with the latter, so I did not expect the egg to be over easy, similar to Bi Bim Bop. It wasn't bad, but the beef had exactly the same seasoning as the fish stew, so there wasn't a lot of variety at our table. The fish stew was more accurately stewed fish, since there wasn't anything else in the dish save garnish. Again, not bad, but we wouldn't order it again. Meanwhile, I lusted after the pho at the other tables. I had planned to order one, but thought I would try a new dish. Ah well, next time. And we do plan on returning ...

Visited October 2012