All reviews campus center parking garage continental breakfast hotel lobby bagels food court hard boiled eggs room service nice surprise cookies enjoyed my stay a great stay my son third floor amherst area comfortable rooms students
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2019

Hotel U Mass is located at the center of the UMass Campus, within easy walking distance of most significant buildings. There is a connected underground garage with excellent signage.

My room had contemporary decor and was well maintained. Staff was friendly and helpful.

A large food court is located one floor below the hotel with a wide variety of foods to choose from.

I would clearly saty here again on my next tripo to UMass.

Continental breakfast is included, but not advertised.

Overall, this was a pleasant surprise.

Room tip: Always adk for a quiet room away from traffic and mechanical noise.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
LaMarCook, General Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

Hello Dave E,

Thank you so very much for the awesome review! We are thrilled you enjoyed our prime location, friendly staff, and guest room accommodations. We will continue to ensure the best service possible as long as we have amazing guests like yourself staying with us! Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 17, 2019

I admit I wasn't sure what to expect on arrival, viewing the exterior - which I later learned was a brutalist architectural style. Staff were very friendly on check-in and quickly got me settled in my quiet room with good views of the surrounding campus. The two-queen room was spacious and very clean. My only cons would be the wireless internet (good speed, reliable) seemed to kick you off a few times per day and force you to re-enter the password each time, and it was very quiet - nice to have at least a fan on the AC unit that can create a little white noise for sleeping at night. Breakfast buffet in the morning, cookies on the check-in counter, lots of nice touches. Was overall very happy here, and would happily stay again!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
LaMarCook, General Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

Hello cskassotis!

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations and the hotel amenities. It also sounds like our staff took excellent care of you during your visit. It was our pleasure to have the opportunity to host you. See you again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

If you want to enjoy a visit to UMass Amherst, or the local area, then this is the perfect hotel for you! Rooms are space, clean and offer amazing views of the campus and surrounding beautiful geographic area. Pricing is very reasonable, and don’t forget to ask for their hot cookies in the afternoon if they are not out in the open. Great access to a number of on campus restaurants, and as you know, UMass has been voted the #1 dining service in the country for the last 3-4 years.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Kemurphy

Hello Kemurphy,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel UMass and for leaving such fantastic feedback. We love reading how much our guests enjoyed their time on campus! It was our pleasure having you, and we hope to see you every time your travels bring you this way.

Reviewed November 30, 2018

The Good? Very clean room with a fabulous view! VERY quiet hotel (except on Level 2 where all the students are!).Very comfortable bed, though the mattress a tad soft. Fantastic location as I had meetings on campus in the evening. Check-in staff was lovely (Tom?) and answered all my questions re parking, wifi, breakfast etc before I'd even had a chance to ask them! Breakfast was okay.

The bad? Check-out staff didn't really seem to care much for me as a client -- didn't even ask how my stay was. Room was FAR too hot -- I tried to turn down the heating, but without any luck. Even though it was about 26o outside, I had to open the window to ensure I didn't overheat. Bathroom lighting very poor. Wouldn’t mind a small fridge in the room. Wifi kept kicking me off and I had to sign in each time (a bit frustrating).

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed November 14, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay at hotel UMass! It was perfect for visiting my godson. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was free parking in the garage which you get a voucher for. We were able to eat at the UMass cafeteria which is unbelievable! A wonderful stay will be back again.

Date of stay: November 2018