Hotel UMass
Travelocity
$136
$123
$63
All reviewscampus centerparking garagecontinental breakfaststudent unionhotel lobbybagelsfood courthard boiled eggsroom serviceuniversity clubvisiting umassnice surprisegreat place to staycookiesdesk staffwould definitely stay here againattending a conference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We recently stayed at the hotel during parent orientation and were very impressed with the room and the staff. The room was very clean and very quiet. The beds were super comfortable. The staff was friendly, including the greeters at the parking garage. Although the breakfast area was small, a good selection of oatmeal, bagels, cereal were offered. The coffee was hot and strong. As mentioned earlier, the staff was super friendly and helpful. Since our son will be starting school in the fall, I'm sure we'll be back for overnight visits. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
umasshotel123, Front Office Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear 60745Mark141,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the fantastic review. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I travel to boutique hotels nationally and umass hotel is now among my western mass favorite lists. convenient, attentive staff, good food timely delivered. Completely renovated top to bottom and stylish.

Room Tip: higher the better
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear 60745Mark141,

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We wanted to stay at the UMass Hotel for our son's graduation to be close to all of the events. We were forced to book for 3 nights, which didn't seem right to us. When we got to the room, I took off my shoes to relax and was surprised when I felt something sticky on my foot as I walked into the bathroom. A wad of chewing gum was stuck on the rug and now on my sock. Then my wife found a dirty facecloth on the floor next to one of the beds. Upon closer inspection, we found apple seeds on the floor. Disgusting. We notified housekeeping that the room was not cleaned. They sent housekeepers to clean the room, but when we returned the trash that we had found was right where it was to begin with - and supposedly a manager inspected the room.

Any one of these things would be unacceptable at a Best Western, but at $250 / night hotel, it was deplorable. This was a time of celebration, and the condition of the hotel room put a damper on the weekend.

Also, the rooms are very small, but that would not have been too bad if it was clean.

Room Tip: Stay at a better hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank T C
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were happily impressed with our stay at the UMass Hotel and Conference Center. The room was pristine and comfortable. We really appreciated the complimentary bottles of water after our long, hot drive (and would have enjoyed the coffee and cookies in the lobby if we weren't heading off to a family affair!). The staff was friendly and helpful - from walking us to the lobby from the parking area, to making certain we got our Sunday paper - they truly made us feel welcome in a very respectful way. The university should be very proud of this facility!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Andrea S,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel I am so pleased you enjoyed yourself and we very much look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Clean, well decorated, excellent and enthusiastic staff, great amenities and terrific complimentary Continental breakfast. Wish they had feather pillows, but the down-alternative comforter wrapped in high quality sheets was so much nicer than blankets. We were there for the Paradise City crafts fair in Northampton, so it was about a fifteen minute drive. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Randi K

Dear Randi K,
We hope you enjoyed the craft fair and are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Safe Travels!