Hotel UMass
$205
Hotels.com
$90
$87
Black Walnut Inn(Amherst)(Great Value!)
$146
$85
$71
Rodeway Inn(Hadley)
$90
All reviewscampus centerparking garagecontinental breakfaststudent unionhotel lobbybagelsfood courthard boiled eggsroom serviceuniversity clubvisiting umassnice surprisegreat place to staycookiesdesk staffwould definitely stay here againmy son
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This campus hotel is second to none. Its location on campus is excellent. The beds were extremely comfortable, much better than I could have ever expected. The room is a great size with plenty of outlets, great flat screen TV, and FREE Wi-Fi. It was cleaner than most rooms I have paid double and triple the price. Breakfast was included, and everything was clean, plentiful, with a well rounded menu.
If you thought the accommodations were great, wait until you meet the staff, especially Rachelle A. Those in training surely fooled me, and those in charge better not be decide to go to the big city to share their expertise, talent, and love for hospitality with another hotel. They would certainly be missed!
Thanks for making our stay so comfortable in every way.
Dr Bob

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
umasshotel123, Front Office Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Dr. bobn,

Wow! Can I just say reading your review filled me with so much joy. I am so thankful you enjoyed your stay with us at the UMass Hotel and Conference Center. I am even more thankful for your generous praise of our hotel and staff. We truly do have some wonderful people working here and it is such an honor when they can be recognized for their work. Again thank you for taking the time let us know about your visit, we look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The Hotel/Conference Center on the UMass campus is an excellent choice for visiting the university. There could not be a better location (it connects with the Campus Center/Student Union). The hotel was recently refurbished and is very attractive inside. The rooms are average size, but nicely furnished, clean and comfortable. Our only complaint would be the too-hard pillows. The breakfast was better than expected and the staff (often UMass students) extremely pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
umasshotel123, Front Office Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear 3Spartans,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I want to thank you so very much for your wonderful review. I appreciate your feedback on the pillows and will look into the matter. Again thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit it. See you back soon!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel gets better and better with each stay. They are constantly improving and keeping up with the Hotel industry. The staff is known to be a "training staff" but is TOP NOTCH. They know the area whether it be transportation, events, campus locations, town locations and recommendations. The rooms are spacious, upto date and impeccably clean! There is no point in staying at one of the chain hotels on Route 9 when this hotel is in the heart of campus. It is great to look out the window and see the growing UMASS Campus and the bustling atmosphere right outside. Prices are lower if not competitive with the surrounding area. Not only do you get parking and Continental Breakfast, but they have recently added WIFI! If not to spoil the guests enough, they have added luggage assistant with a lovely gentleman whom even greeted at the garage and directed the way. Will recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone I know headed to the Amherst area. I can't wait until my next Amherst Excursion to stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Rebecca P,

I want to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the UMass Hotel. It was a pleasure to have you with us. I also want to thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on our hotel. It was a delight to read your review. Safe Travels!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations at UMass-Amherst. The hotel was clean, the rooms were nicely decorated, the "continental" breakfast was plentiful and you cannot beat the location when visiting your student!!! Would stay again, over and over.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
umasshotel123, Front Office Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Lori F,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to see you back soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was my first trip to the UMass Hotel at the Campus Center and I was very pleased. I loved the "Cleaning Bill of Rights" and loved the emphasis on sustainability. I had come to visit the campus with my daughter who is an accepted student who is still undecided on where to attend. This hotel in my opinion helps to offset the fact that her other choices are much closer. Staying here when I visit her will be a pleasure.

Dear Keflewis,

I am so honored that you decided to stay with us during your introduction to UMass Amherst. I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences at our hotel. We look forward to having you and your daughter back soon!