“Perfection.Thank you.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Amherst
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Perfection.Thank you.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was a bit leery about staying on campus but was immediately put at ease by the friendly staff upon arrival. I had to attend an event at the Mullin Center which was located just steps away. The room was no less then perfect, especially the shower which was impressively tiled along with sliding glass doors. The bed and pillows were so so soft just like home. Coffee in the morning k-cup's with a choice.
My overall stay was EXCELLENT.

Steven O.

• Stayed January 2013
umasshotel123, Front Office Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Stevenmotto,

I thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our UMass Hotel and Conference Center. I am so pleased that we were able to put your mind at ease about staying on campus. We look foward to seeing you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
West Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here as we bought tickets to a show at the Fine Arts Center. The location was super convenient. We had heard good things about the Hotel and we were not disappointed. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the presentation of the rooms was upscale. The Keurig in the room was a nice touch. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and every single Hotel employee that we say welcomed us. The continental breakfast was great. It was varied and the breakfast area was clean. The wireless internet is free and had a fast connection. Overall, it was a great stay and we will certainly be back!

P.S. - Saw an advertisement for the New Years event. We'll be there!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Terry D
umasshotel123, Front Office Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Terry D,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Fine Arts Center. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to seeing you for New Years Eve!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My boyfriend graduated from UMASS a few years ago, but I had never been. Over Thanksgiving weekend, we decided to take a spontaneous trip and saw this hotel on Trip Advisor. We were impressed with the reviews and pictures, so figured we'd support the school! It was quiet on campus, but we still got to see a hockey game, visit some of his favorite restaurants/bars, and walk around campus/town.

In the end, we were just as excited to get back to the hotel room! The students working the front desk were unbelievably friendly and helpful. We were excited to be greeted with hot coffee, tea and cookies upon arrival as well. Also, free water bottles and coffee in the room, along with very nice bathroom soaps and lotions. It was very refreshing to see the hotel cleaning policy displayed in the room, to know exactly how your room is prepared and sanitized before your arrival.

We wish it was a little bit cheaper, but they will do what they can to get you the lowest price and/or discount for your stay. Overall, we had an amazing weekend and hope to be back soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
umasshotel123, Front Office Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Lisa K,

I am so happy you picked our UMass Hotel and Conference Center to stay at during your travels. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay and we are thrilled that you enjoyed yourselves. We sincerely hope you will allow us the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon. Safe Travels!
Woodstock, Maine
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Second time staying at hotel to pick up my daughter from college. Very clean, comfortable, great amenities, quality linens, and breakfast higher quality than the norm. Parents of students get a discount with their parent association card (parents can also eat in the dining halls for free with their students). Prices can vary depending on dates but both times I stayed it was comparable or less than the mid-priced chains in town and definitely superior to them. Only negative is that the bathrooms are very small (but nice and clean) - otherwise would be excellent. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Construction currently going on outside hotel, ask to stay on opposite side if you like to sleep in.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Johanna L,

It was a pleasure to have you back. We always love to see the students' parents back again. I thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit and hope to see you back soon. Safe Travels!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I normally only stay at Marriott and Hilton properties because I know what I'm going to get, but I was in town for a conference at the Campus Center and decided to try the UMass Hotel because of the location. I was very pleasantly surprised! The rooms were clean, comfortable, modern, and quiet. The Keurig in the room was a nice touch! I noticed that other reviewers have commented on the rooms being small; in my opinion, my room was plenty large and I was able to spread out. My only complaint was that the wifi wasn't working consistently the night I was there, but the Front Desk alerted me to the problem right away when I checked in. I was able to use the internet in the Business Center with no problems. I would definitely stay here again if I ever find myself back in Amherst.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
umasshotel123, Front Office Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Karen K,

I am so pleased you stayed with at our UMass Hotel. I hope your first visit left a lasting impression with you. We hope to see you back again soon!
Harvard, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The outside appearance of the hotel and the initial entry into the elevator bank of the lobby gave the impression of a concrete fortress. The rooms, however, were very comfortable, clean, modern and spacious. The complimentary breakfast was also great and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. A great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear beekeeper 321,

It is always a delight when we are able to leave a good impression on our guest. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your say. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed November 15, 2012

These are not, by any means, the largest rooms you will ever see. However, they are clean, modern, functional, and comfortable. The bathroom was a tad cramped, but otherwise I was quite comfrotable in the hotel. We were staying there for a conference at the Campus Center. It is very convenient to anything on campus, but any off-campus dining is over a mile away. The staff are friendly and courteous. They were very helpful in getting us a dinner reservation at the University Club, as we did not want to drive to dinner. Check in and check out was efficient.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
umasshotel123, Front Office Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Marianne P,

I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our UMass Hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guest. Hope to see you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Courtyard Hadley Amherst
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley
Econo Lodge Hadley
Econo Lodge Hadley
#6 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Hotel UMass? Share your experiences!