“Pleasant Suprise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel UMass

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel UMass
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Amherst
GreenLeadersSilver level
Northport, NY
“Pleasant Suprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was my first stay at the UMass Hotel and I was extremely pleased from the moment I entered the garage right through the time I checked out. My experience:
1) Lots of free parking available ( I attended a conference with a few hundred participants).
2) Greeted at the garage exit by a hotel employee who was very personable and anxious to help me with my belongings; very professional
3) The front-desk staff were friendly and very professional; they glady accomodated my request for a quiet room
4) All areas of the room was incredibly clean; due to the nature of my job, I am a frequent traveler and stay in many hotels/motels, (the middle and higher-end chains) and UMass was impressive
5) Check-out was quick and the front-desk staff was, again, very friendly and professional
6) Upon departure, I was again greeted by a hotel staff person who wished me a safe trip and "...come back and visit us again"
7) Rates for lodging charged were very reasonable
All I can say for UMass and their hotel staff; Job Well Done!
UMass is a hotel I would highly recommend.
Tony B.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
umasshotel123, Front Office Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Tonyb,

We are so pleased to hear about your recent visit to the UMass Hotel and Conference Center. We are always happy to hear that our staff has been able to provide a memorable experience for our guest. We truly do hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I had an excellent experience staying at the UMass hotel. They went over and above any reasonable expectations making my stay comfortable and enjoyable. I would definitely stay here again, and felt the price was more than fair.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Pdmaxfield,
Thank you so very much for telling us about your recent stay at the UMass Hotel and Conference Center. We look forward to seeing you back soon!
Woburn, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I went to school out at UMass Amherst, and have always wanted to stay in the hotel on campus. This past weekend my BF and I went out for a visit and stayed there for one night, and overall we we enjoyed the experience. The bed was big and comfy, the room and bathroom were clean, and the furnishings were modern and convenient. The TV was especially nice, a flat screen 37" LCD with extended cable AND HBO, which was totally unexpected.

There were a few downsides, though nothing major. 1) The view from our room faced the campus pond, which under normal circumstances would have been pretty, but there was a ton of construction going on right next to it. The hotel can't help that obviously, but it's worth mentioning.

2) We went out for dinner and had plans to order dessert from room service when we came back to the hotel, but we soon discovered that room service ends at 9:00 P.M. We felt this was unusually early, so that was a little disappointing.

3) Also, in the room right next to us were at least 2 guys who partied all night long. My BF is a light sleeper and was kept up most of the night by the yelling and vomiting noises coming in through the walls. Our rooms were also conjoined, which we were not told about beforehand, so I'm sure that didn't help the noise level we experienced from those other guests. BF wanted to complain when we checked out but decided it wasn't worth it.

Besides those three things, our experience with the hotel itself was very good. The staff were all very friendly, respectful and helpful. They provide free continental breakfast in the morning, which we didn't partake in. They allow you to park for free in the parking garage that connects to the Campus Center, and they even employ someone to open the door for you that separates the Campus Center and garage. We paid $179 for the night, including tax and my AAA discount, which wasn't unreasonable for the area. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
umasshotel123, Front Office Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Katelyn B
We are very glad you were able to stay with us during your recent visit to the UMass Amherst area. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. It is reviews like yours that let us exactly what a guest is seeing. As UMass is always growing it consequently is always adding on, UMass has added another building for class rooms which is the construction you say during your stay. At this time we do offer limited hours for room service but appreciate your suggestion to consider making it available later for our guest. We do have someone on staff all evening and encourage all guests to call the front desk if they here noise from other guest. We thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the UMass Hotel and Conference Center and look forward to see you back soon.
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

One of the nicest conference hotels I ever had. People on the front desk were very helpful and friendly.
Rooms are large. I can highly recommend that hotel for a conference at UMass or for a holiday stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
umasshotel123, Front Office Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Christoph H,

It was a pleasure having you stay at the UMass Hotel and Conference Center. Our staff are a very important part of every guest experience. It is always a pleasure to know that our staff providing quality service to all of our guest. Hope to see you back soon!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stopped here on a road trip through Massachusetts. Nice and comfortable rooms paired with a friendly, very professional service and state-of-the art facilities. Parking is complementary and very convenient.
Check-in and check-out where very efficient and quick and the breakfast was pretty good. The best thing about the room must have been the bed - very comfortable!
The only point of criticism is the price which seemed a bit out of proportion - but then again we booked at very late notice. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors seem to be quieter in general.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
umasshotel123, Manager at Hotel UMass, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear L0nTrav,

Thank you for staying with us at the UMass Hotel at the Campus Center. I am always pleased to hear about our guests’ experiences and am very glad that you enjoyed your stay. I also appreciate your taking the time to express your concerns about our rates. It is necessary for us to stay competitive with our local competition in order to continue to operate in the current economic climate. It is also our goal to continue to enhance every guest’s visit and see that they receive the most value for the price that they pay. Once again thanks for visiting the UMass Hotel and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed there one night for a campus tour. Reservation staff and Front desk staff were excellent. Very professional, friendly, and helpful. Rooms were spacious, clean, and in excellent condition. Location is perfect if visiting UMass. A little expensive overall, but would stay here again for the convenience to campus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mebstick
Dear Mebstick,
I want to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the UMass Hotel at the Campus Center. It is always a pleasure to hear that our staff is providing excellent service to our guest. I also appreciate you taking the time to let us know about our rates, we are constantly working to improve our overall guest experience and only through our guest advice can we do this. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your guest experience and we hope to see you back again soon.
Baiting Hollow, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were visiting some schools in the area so the location was ideal-right in the heart of the UMass Campus. There is a lot of construction going on so our view wasn't what I had hoped it would be but in every other way, the hotel was great. We'll definitely go back if we're in the area again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Courtyard Hadley Amherst
Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Hadley
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Northampton/Amherst

Been to Hotel UMass? Share your experiences!