“Not at all a cookie-cutter hotel”
Review of Lord Jeffery Inn

Lord Jeffery Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel is adjacent to Amherst college, and is a beautiful brick Federal-style building. All the employees were extremely friendly. Room was small but lovely, with a large comfy bed, free wifi, huge shower in the very updated and clean bathroom. The furnishings in the public areas and in the room looked quite updated and fresh. There is a huge outdoor fireplace in a courtyard on the back side of the hotel...I did not see it at night so not sure if they have it going in winter or only in spring/fall.

Because the building is old and rambling a bit, my room on the 3rd floor required an elevator ride and then 3 steps down followed immediately by 5 steps up! Kind of weird, but something to ask about if you have mobility issues.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank jd068
WHGGuestService, Manager at Lord Jeffery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for staying with The Lord Jeffery Inn on your last visit to Amherst, and for leaving a review for future travelers. We appreciate your positive remarks on our interiors. As an Inn that was built in 1926, we have many of the unique qualities being a historic inn. One of which is that each of our rooms has distinct characteristics. No two rooms are alike, some having unexpected stair cases like the room you reference in your review. Upon your next visit, please feel free to talk future with our front desk agents, who will be more than happy to personally assist you and your guests in finding the right room that can satisfy all of your needs.

We will look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

It was snowing when we arrived and the fireplaces were going at this charming, plush inn. The energy-efficient inn was just that, all rooms climate controlled individually which included also classy recycle bins. The inns gym was clean and spacious. Dining at the inns restaurant, 30 Boltwood was a complete gourmet experience. The extensive cocktail menu is also not to be missed with the windows looking out to the picturesque town square, to which the inn is walking distance to downtown. The staff was gracious and very accommodating. With my AAA this was a reasonably priced stay for someone like myself on a part-time budget. Look forward to my visit again next month.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank lpvt

Thank you for your complimentary remarks on our interiors and cuisine. We are very proud of our Silver LEED Certification, making the Inn one of only two properties in Massachusetts to receive this level of recognition. Thank you for noticing! We also look forward to your next visit.

See you soon.

Best,

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had long wanted to stay at the Lord Jeffrey inn and I was not disappointed in any way! We were in Room 316 a queen suite and what a charming spot to spend 3 nights. Fireplace, cozy sitting room and bedroom and a lovely bathroom. The staff were outstanding in the inn and in their restaurant 30 Boltwood. Thanks to Andrew and Alenjandro for wonderful dinner service. The food at the inn is outstanding: creative and delicious! Not a negative thing about our entire stay; highly recommend; and can't wait to return. Better than ever imagined,

Room Tip: The queen suite in 316 is cozy and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your complimentary review of our interiors, service staff, and cuisine! We will be sure to pass your positive remarks on to the staff that you mentioned, as well as share with our Executive Chef. Thank you for staying and dining with us – as well as for the recommendations to future travelers. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. We will look forward to the next one!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was dropping my daughter back at college and couldn't drive home because of a snow storm. I stopped in at the Lord Jeffery Inn to see if they had a room available. I asked for the least expensive room they had but, upon hearing my situation, the manager upgraded my room to a King room with a fireplace. Did I mention that in addition to the snow it was the coldest night of the year? Sitting in my beautiful room with the fireplace roaring and the snow falling lightly over the town square outside my window, my unexpected stranding became a winter holiday. I'll be praying for snow each drive to Amherst from now on! The room was historic and perfectly appointed, the staff could not do enough to make my stay comfortable and the inn is situated smack in the heart of charming Amherst. Don't miss it!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
WHGGuestService, Manager at Lord Jeffery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

So picturesque! Sounds like it’s the best way to get stuck in a snow storm, right? So happy to hear that you enjoyed the room, and really got to take advantage of the coziness of our Inn. While there is something so peaceful about being tucked away in front of a roaring fire, watching the snow fall, we also love our front patio in the spring and summer, with the sun on your face while sipping one of Victoria’s cocktails. I hope you’ll be back in the spring for another Lord Jeff experience.

Cheers until then,

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Just back from another great trip to Amherst and the Lord Jeffery Inn. We have been twice since the restoration/renovation work was completed and the hotel facilities are excellent. The rooms are very comfortable and just perfect for the setting on the Amherst town green. Service at the front desk and housekeeping was great and we had drinks and then breakfast the following morning in 30 Boltwood and both experiences were top notch. Food quality and value is excellent, the room is nicely done and the servers were friendly and helpful. Excellent in town location for walking to shops, restaurants and the schools. Great outdoor space and fire pit for sitting outside when the weather is nice and nice indoor spaces for hanging around as well, including the beautiful fireplace in the living room off the main lobby. The Lord Jeff is a great spot and we highly recommend a visit when in the Pioneer Valley.

Room Tip: Both times we have had lovely rooms. One corner suite had a great fireplace and the room this time...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for visiting The Lord Jeffery Inn this past January, and for sharing your reviews with other travelers. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, along with our all of our renovations, interiors, service staff, and cuisine in 30Boltwood. I do hope that you can join us again soon, especially when the weather warms up. You’ll really be able to take advantage of all our wonderful outdoor spaces and see all that our town of Amherst has to offer.

Thank you again for choosing The Lord Jeffery Inn.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

First off I would like to mention this place is great for a nice couples getaway for a night. Very charming and loved the fireplace in room. We paid a little extra for a queen room because I wasn't going on vacation to stay in a double bed. However I did stay in a double bed. I called the front desk to politely ask if we were given the wrong room as it did not have a queen. The person chuckled and insisted it was a queen. I have a queen at home and this was not a queen. Upon further review I noticed that we had a queen box spring with a double mattress on top. Very strange.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
WHGGuestService, Manager at Lord Jeffery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear mdias815,

Than you so much for choosing to stay with us while you were in Amherst for vacation. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Western Massachusetts. I also wanted to thank you for the very nice comments you posted about the Inn and its guestrooms.

I do have to say I was a bit surprised regarding the comments left on the size of your bed. I would like to be able to verify if there was in fact some type of mistake made during the installation of the new beds that I may have somehow overlooked. I would have thought after two full years of operations since our reopening this would have somehow be brought to out attention earlier but I thank you for doing so now. If you would be so kind as to give me a call to let me know what room you stayed in so I can go and possibly correct the issues, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to possibly hosting you again on future visits.

Robert J. Reeves
General manager
The Lord Jeffery Inn

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We loved that this inn was renovated to be cutting edge in terms of energy use (see the website for impressive details). The decoration maintained the colonial flavor, but updated it by the use of modern fabrics and a wonderful bathroom. My husband was fascinated by a window in the living room fireplace, and we were told that it was historic.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
WHGGuestService, Manager at Lord Jeffery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

Thank you for joining us at The Lord Jeffery Inn. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of our renovations, as well as the historical elements of our property. You might enjoy this recent article from Connecticut Life, http://connecticutlifestyles.com/lord-jeffery-inn-restored-former-glory/ regarding the technology and its specifics.

We will look forward to serving you again upon your next visit to Amherst.

Amanda Malone, Catering Services Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Courtyard Hadley Amherst
Hotel Northampton
#2 of 5 in Northampton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Northampton/Amherst
Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley

Been to Lord Jeffery Inn? Share your experiences!