“Great for business travel, too”
Review of Lord Jeffery Inn

Lord Jeffery Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Recently I have been traveling to the Northampton/Amherst area for business and am delighted to have found the Jeff. It is well located and a fantastic property. I look forward to many more stays here for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at Lord Jeffery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

I’m so glad to read your complimentary review of The Lord Jeffery Inn, and to hear that you are looking forward to staying with us again in the near future. Thank you for choosing The Lord Jeffery Inn.

See you again soon!

Best,
Amanda Malone
Catering Services Manager

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although I was only in town for one night I am so glad I spent it at the Lord Jeff! Everything has been beautifully renovated but still kept in the style of the original inn which has a perfect central location adjacent to the Amherst campus. There is a large room off the lobby with a roaring fire and the New York Times, and a friendly and helpful staff. While the restaurant is pricey - I wandered in after a long day to find a delightful women behind the bar who mixed the perfect amount of a tarragon-pear syrup into my Prosecco. She was wonderfully attentive with just the right amount of chattiness!

My room was lovely, had a gas fireplace, a view and a large bath. All was sparkling clean! The mattress was one of the best I have ever slept on!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at Lord Jeffery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Lord Jeffery Inn on your most recent visit to Amherst, and for your favorable review. I am happy to hear that you are pleased with our renovations. I hope that next time you visit the Inn, it will be for pleasure instead of business, and that you’ll be able to enjoy the luxurious bedding for longer that one night.

Victoria, whom you met, and our “mixologist” you could call her, is amazing at pouring the perfect cocktail for our guests that seems to match exactly what they are in the mood for. Her specialty drink menu changes regularly and you can always find infused liquors with the most unique flavors.

We look forward to accommodating you again soon.

Best,

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Had a great stay at the Lord Jeffery. The staff was super helpful and overall awesome. My room was really unique and I really loved the terrazzo floors, white porcelain and shiny metal fixtures in the bathroom. I would love to have stayed longer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

We also would love for you to stay longer – next time! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Lord Jeffery Inn, and for your positive feedback on your recent visit. We agree that the fall is a great time to be in New England, and especially at the Inn. Warm cider or cocktails in front of 30Boltwood’s fireplace lounge? We hope you were able to enjoy that too!

Cheers,

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I loved our room and didn't want to leave. The bed was comfortable and bathroom large. It was cold upon arrival but heated up quickly, in December. I thought it was a very good value for the room and location, right by the middle of downtown Amherst.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room, away from elevators, ice machines and children.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We recently stayed at the Lord Jeffrey Inn over the New Year's long weekend and had a great time. The renovation includes hard floors throughout, tasteful contemporary decor with quality bed linens, and a great restaurant/ bar. Many of the rooms have working gas fireplaces.The staff is extremely helpful and pleasant. Any request was met with a smile - including my request to switch rooms which included a viewing of two new rooms from which to choose. We also enjoyed the library with fireplace and the other fireplace/ seating nooks to read and enjoy cocktails and appetizers from the restaurant. On top of it, the inn offers great weekday Triple A rates that made the visit a real value.

Room Tip: We switched to a third floor room. While it did have a sloping ceiling, it did not hamper our stay a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel has been renovated. Fires were burning in many gas fireplaces, making for a homey, snug feeling on a cold winter's day. My wife and I were in a Queen suite and happy to have a second room in which to read, watch TV, and use a computer. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Great Inn, modern, clean, impressive (especially the decor of the dining area). So many great fireside sitting areas to chat and unwind. Right in the midst of Amherst, but set back just enough to block out the din of a college town. A wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
WHGGuestService, Manager at Lord Jeffery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you for spending the holidays with us at the Lord Jeffery Inn. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and would recommend the Inn to other travelers.

I hope that the next time you find yourself visiting friends and family, or just visiting the area, you’ll stay with us again.

Happy Holidays!
Amanda Malone, Catering Services Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Courtyard Hadley Amherst
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Hadley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Northampton/Amherst

Been to Lord Jeffery Inn? Share your experiences!