“When the good Lord said, let there be baked goods, he was thinking of this place!!”
Review of Henion Bakery

Henion Bakery
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Amherst
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The Henion's owner and staff definitely put all they have into both making the baked goods and serving visitors. From the simple cookies to mouth watering cakes, this place is top tier. Donuts.........you simply can't find better in the northeast. If you typically do not like jelly donuts, this is the place to try it again. You will likely return. I have tasted their cakes, donuts, breads, scones, and more. I didn't like scones until trying theirs. I have always found scones to be dry. They do not have that problem here. Have fun............

4  Thank Lamar G

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is a sweet little place -- no pun intended! -- with delicious cookies and pastries. Many items are seasonal and/or unusual in this neck o' the woods. I've had some almond pastries at Christmas time that are absolutely to die for. My only complaint about Henion is that it isn't open in the late evening, the only time I can make it to Amherst after work!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I know Henion's as a bakery, although I often see people with coffee and one of their delicious pastries sitting at the tables. The bread never fails to be fresh and delectable. My favorite is the jalapeno brioche available only on Thursdays--there's a special every day besides the standard loaves. Recently I ordered a birthday cake for a friend, and it was superb, made with real butter and an excellent lemon filling and lemon cream. If you need baked goods in the Upper Valley area, this is the place to go!

1  Thank leisure-traveller44
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I can only ditto everything the other reviewers have said. I've been going since I moved to Amherst 8 years ago. Just recently bought a delicious chocolate cheese cake. Yum. Try the poppy seed snails. Plus ask Dave about his pottery. He is an excellant potter.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Henion bakery is excellent and Dave is the best!! He always greets you with a smile and the pastries, breads, and scones are excellent!! All the wonderful things I am not suppose to eat, but can't pass it by!!