“Dynamite Wings”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Homosassa, Florida
“Dynamite Wings”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Small sports pub atmosphere, busy even with UMass students on vacation, located right off the UMass campus. Of course, they served Berkshire Brewing Company's Steel Rail, so there's a good start. A wide assortment of wings -- get the garlic parmesan among the masses of wings.

Service is pretty standard, meaning don't expect high falootin' waitstaffs, but adequate.

• Visited December 2013

Natal
“The chicken wings are to die for!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The restaurant is not the most beautiful place I've been, I have to say. But the chicken wings... WOOWWWW! The best ones on the planet. Try the honey mustard and/or barbecue! They also offer good beers and games on TV. The staff is ok, usually very young people serving, but most of them are really friendly. So, if you are in the area and you enjoy hanging out with friends in a casual environment, with the unbeatable duo chicken wings + beer, that's the place to be!

• Visited July 2013
Bradenton, Florida
“Not bad... but not great.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had heard rave reviews from a classmate and decided to check out this restaurant. It's very "no frills"... no hostess, there was golf on the TV, limited menu. Still, I thought it was worth a shot.

I ordered the potato skins (which were huge) and a DC-10 (a pound of wings) with the intention of having leftovers. The skins were okay (slightly overcooked) but the wings were good. I got two types, honey BBQ and teriyaki. Together, they were delicious but individually it was difficult to tell which sauce was which.

The server was excellent and very attentive... it was the high point of the meal. So in summary, the food is mediocre but the volume of the food and quality of the service somewhat makes up for the rather high prices. I think the reviews I had heard were exaggerated. Too bad.

• Visited July 2013
w mass
“The Gods of Boneless no longer”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I used to go to the Hangar at least once a week. The reason? Boneless chicken tenders, the best on the planet. I once wrote an article for a local magazine on the best boneless wings in the Valley, and the Hangar was easily head and shoulders above the competition.
But times change, menus change and quality changes. My last three trips there yielded some fairly disappointing results. Prices have risen, portion sizes have shrunk and quality? Well let's leave it at competent. I have had better boneless wings in a few places in the valley in the last few years, and these would have been fighting words a decade ago.
Still a fantastic on tap menu, and they offer 22 oz mugs for many of the beers on tap. The staff is hurried but friendly, and will offer samples of new beers to the uninitiated. I still visit, but knowing there are better wings out there.....?

• Visited May 2013
Easthampton, Massachusetts
“Father's Day Lunch”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My 2 sons surprised me on Sat, June 15th by taking me to the Hangar after a few hours at Six Flags New England. We have been there numerous times and we keep coming back for the wings. We were greeted warmly at the door and were told to sit wherever you like which we did, our server greeted us in a cheerful manor and asked it we would like to start with some drinks which I ordered the Berskshire Brew Steel Rail Pail Ale one of my favorites, my oldest ordered the Blue Moon, and the youngest had a sprite.
We knew what we wanted and ordered 2 F-16's which were 15 wings per order, and had the choice of 6 flavors. We ordered Honey BBQ, Refuel (moderately hot) Cajun blackened (dry rub)
Texas Mesquite (dry rub) Garlic Parmesan (dry rub) and Citrus-Chipolte BBQ (wet).
When the wings arrived on 2 platters they were piping hot we had to wait a couple of minutes because they were so fresh and hot to the touch. When the wings cooled enough WOW!!! what flavors all of them were great but the Chipolte-Citrus really stood out. The wings were jumbo and not the small ones you see everywhere else.
If you visit the Hangar its in an old building and the dining area can be tight when it is busy, they have TV's spread out around the dining room so you can see a sporting event from any location.
The restrooms are tight and outdated, the best time to go is in the offseason, when the college students are gone for the summer, this place can get quite busy at times. If you are looking for great wings this is the place.

• Visited June 2013