“Average.”

Jade III Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 48 Restaurants in Amesbury
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 8, 2013

After hearing glowing reviews from others who had been here before me, I took my dad here for lunch one day. We each ordered lunch specials which ended up consisting of a huge amount of pork fried rice, a couple of chicken fingers and mine had a small white carry out box with beef and sauce. The beef was pretty good, but the chicken fingers were just ok as was the rice. My dad got shrimp in lobster sauce, had one piece of shrimp and the rest was sauce. Way too much rice, threw most away. On another note, absolutely LOVED the hot and sour soup we ordered as a side. I expected more of a restaurant type atmosphere, it is really a take out place with a few tables. Service was very friendly and fast. I would definitely go back for the soup and the service, but wouldn't recommend based on the rest of our meal.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Back in the dark days of the 1990's, no one had heard of gluten sensitivity or wheat allergies, and restaurants, in particular, offered little or nothing for those with these issues. Thankfully, as knowledge and awareness began spreading in more recent times, restaurants have become much more accomodating. Its probably been at least 3-4 years since we last ran into a problem eating out with my wife's wheat allergy.

Until tonite, that is. We decided to try Jade 3 for takeout based on the favorable reviews, and it was like a trip back in time. They do have rice noodles, and offer Pad Thai, which my wife has enjoyed many times at other restaurants. But when confirming that the Pad Thai would be Gluten Free, the friendly person on the phone asked the manager, who got on the phone and told me that all their sauces are "already prepared, and contain wheat or gluten." OK, so what do you have for someone that is Gluten Free? "Nothing."

Seriously? You can't go to Stop & Shop and pick up a bottle of GF soy sauce, so when this comes up you actually are prepared? For cryin out loud, we had eaten at the italian restaurant ACROSS THE STREET last week and they had all kinds of GF options.. no problem.

My wife insisted we go ahead with our take out order anyway, and she'd just make something for herself. Against my better judgement, we did, and regretted it. Pork fried rice was devoid of pork, or egg, or anything but piles of brown rice barely fried. General tso's was too spicy and too few, crab rangoon was pretty much all cream cheese and little crab. Even the Duck sauce was thin and weak. Chicken lo mein was mostly overcooked noodles.

So, what they did make wasn't good. And their "no soup for you" attitude for the GF crowd is just bizzare. The so far fruitless search for good chinese on the North Shore continues!

1  Thank Keith B
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Food was excellent, they know how to cook with a hot wok, was freshly made in front of you. Not much of a place to eat in though a few picnic tables that were not very clean at the time i was there

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Jade has me spoiled. Their egg rolls should be in a food group all their own.. Shrimp Lo Mein Is excellent. General Tso's chicken , good with a bite! , Lobster sauce and shrimp is good. They have the best Chinese Food around

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Fresh, fresh, cooked to perfection every time. They make a crispy orange beef that is the best I have ever had. The place is always hopping, so that tells you something right there. They put the orders together quickly but order ahead during a holiday because they can get backed up!