“Our experiences on a weekly basis.”
Review of Hollow Cafe

Hollow Cafe
Ranked #15 of 47 Restaurants in Amesbury
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Breakfast, Lunch & Take Out Comfort Food with a Lil ol Twist. Daily Specials, Senior Discounts, Senior Menu & Kids Menus. Sandwiches, Wraps, Soups, Salads, Burgers, Seafood, Pasta, Challah French Toast, Whole Grain & Buttermilk Pancakes, Omelets, Eggs Benedict & More!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our experiences on a weekly basis.”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My friends and I frequently go to the Hollow Café. We all enjoy our meals and the variety
they offer. It is a quaint café with a friendly décor. Try it soon and I think you will be
pleasantly surprised. Plenty of parking space available.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Amesbury1962

“Good Family Cafe”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great atmosphere- sometimes the service can be a little slow, but overall its great. Pretty good prices and ample servings... Mickey Mouse pancakes are a hit with the kids

Visited August 2012
1 Thank massmom2008
“Mediocre breakfast”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Visited recently for breakfast and was not impressed. Very average breakfast, a bit pricey for what it was. I don't plan to return any time soon as there are better options in town.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank ragtop_rider
Boston, Massachusetts
“TERRIBLE services, okay food.”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The food is fine, but nothing special. Expect your regular breakfast menu. BUT...don't expect to get your coffee, don't expect to have them take your order within 15 minutes, don't expect anything in terms of service. Everything they could get wrong, they did. Didn't fill our waters, didn't fill our coffee, messed up one of the orders, took about 40 minutes to get our orders, etc. Skip it!

Visited January 2012
Boston
“Do not waste your money”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I went to this cafe for the first time today. It was lunchtime and crowded. The waitress throws a menu in my face and asks me what I want to eat I did not even shown to a table and did not have time to even look at the menu. I finally sat down at a crowded counter and ordered. Service in this place sucks. I did not even see them wiping off tables after other patrons had left. I will not eat their again. Save your money and go elsewhere

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank crittercat1205
tac3113, Owner at Hollow Cafe, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Hi Terry

I first would like to apologize for your bad experience. Things are not usually like that, and we would welcome the opportunity to try and make things right. I see that you are from Boston, but should you ever be in this area again we would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again, on us!
We are a seat yourself restaurant, sometimes the sign is not always posted. We were understaffed on Tuesday, 5/22/12, and we all remember it well, as it become overwhelmingly & unusually hectic all at once.
Trish