“Best Mexican around”

Acapulcos Mexican Family Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 47 Restaurants in Amesbury
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Always great food and drink. The variety of selection and tastes is second to none in the area.

There are newer reviews for Acapulcos Mexican Family Restaurant

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I recently visited Acapulcos (Amesbury MA) with two friends for drinks. The delicious salsa and chips were plentiful and the waiter very friendly. There was no room at the bar (a Friday night about 8:00), but they were fine with seating us at a booth even though we weren't having dinner.

My husband and I also go here about every other month or so for dinner. Nine times out of ten we split the "fajita nachos" (we get half steak and half chicken) and each have a yummy margarita (or two). If we haven't eaten too much of the salsa and chips, we can even finish the nachos! It is a very plentiful dish - more than enough for us both for dinner. Another favorite of mine is their tortilla soup...but beware...I think the tortillas expand in your stomach. I have left that place pretty full just from the soup!! Other menu items I have tried have always been great. I can't think of a bad thing to say about Acapulcos.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Alcapulcos is our go to Mexican restaurant - the food is unfailingly delicious, fresh, and authentic. Portions are nice and large - enough to share or have leftovers for the next day. My youngest and i regularly get the Tortilla soup, which is $6, and enough for 2 of us - how can you beat that!

The Margaritas are absolutely fabulous - we always get the El Presidente, which is made with fresh lime juice and very potent! Be warned though, they are highly addictive!

The prices are reasonable - I can't believe some people actually say price wise Agave is similar - our last visit to Agave cost us almost $200 for 2 adults and 2 kids (they have no kids menu) and the owners there are rude.
We went to Alcapulcos last night and it was $120 for 7 of us -4 kids and 3 adults - which included 8 top shelf margaritas.

I appreciate that the staff always remembers us and appreciates our business, I would much rather give my money to people who do (again, as opposed to Agave) Marco is our favorite waiter, make sure to ask for him!

1  Thank thecakegirl
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I'm not sure why there are sub-par reviews of this restaurant. We've been going there for years, almost on a weekly basis. The margaritas are excellent (we get the Ultimate w/Tres), I'd say the best I've had. The food is outstanding with generous portions and made from fresh ingredients. Ask for the Salsa Picante if the regular salsa is not spicy enough for you.

Agave is also excellent and closer to where we live...but we don't go there nearly as often. Maybe because Acapulcos is more family friendly.

Ignore the other reviews and try it and decide for yourself .

2  Thank Steve H
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Food was good service was average( i.e., had to request refills and one request was made twice).