“Name not right, its just ‘Crave’. Good beer, very nice main dishes”

Crave Wine Kitchen Tap
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Amesbury
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We started with the goat cheese flatbread and the beef tartar. The former was nice, but the goat cheese was on the mild side [I like goat cheese.] The tartar was recommended by our server. We found it tasteless – and politely told him so. Although certainly not required, he deducted from bill. A sure sign that they care about customers here. I had scallops for dinner – served surrounded by a cream corn sauce that was a nice accompaniment. Service could have been a step up. Overall, a very good meal.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We tried this place out for the first time for a special occasiona meal. for a Friday night it was not crowded, which normally would be a red flag for us, but we stayed and were glad we did. The wait staff was excellent and very knowledgable. She helped us pick from their interesting menu pointing out that some of the ingredients are locally produced. According to our waitress, they just got a liquor lsc. 1 month ago and have an assortment of intersting mixed drinks although their largest selection is of Whiskeys. For those looking for a unique Microbrew, those are available too. We enjoyed splitting a Strawberry and Spinach salad which they kindly served in separate bowls. For entrees: 1. Asian style Salmon with Soba noodles was perfectly cooked and delicious. 2. Huge scallops served in creamy corn sauce was delicious. I thought the dark greens were bitter. Dessert: Bananas Foster Tartin was overly dense with vanilla ice cream that was tasty but after having delicious salad and entrees. the dessert was just OK.

Overall, I would go back especially for a relaxed quiet meal and the excellent presonalized service.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is delicious at "The Crave". Tuesday nights offer a great culinary deal...Two persons can order off a special menu and, for a total of $60, you can share a bottle of wine, each orders either a garden salad or a Caesar salad, each orders a delicious entree, and you share a dessert. By the way, our table of friends all ordered different desserts the last time and we passed them around so we could try them all. YUMMY!!! Great deal for the price. The only drawback to eating here is that it is not very big and can get quite noisy. If you are looking for an intimate dinner out with a quiet ambience, this probably won't be for you. If this doesn't bother you, give it a try. It is terrific. The owner/waitstaff are all extremely friendly and the service was great.

1  Thank Kathleen T
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Come early or call ahead. Last time I dined here we were the only guests. The two dinners with app , dessert and bottle of wine for $60 was a great deal. But we live an hour away. More than a year later and back in the area , I thought we should use our gift certificate before they close. Hardly! The place was packed There was a short wait for a high top table near the very small bar.
If you are a foursome , reserve the banquette in front of the fireplace, very cozy. Otherwise, anticipate a busy bistro like scene. The kitchen is visible, small and efficient. The host(perhaps the owner) was on hand and attentive. They did offer the same special. Nice menu . Not inexpensive
( 2drinks each, 2mains plus tip=$80)

1  Thank Glebegirl
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had just finished tasting wines at Jewel Town Winery and turned onto High Street to see the sign for Wolf Meadow Farm when I suggested to my wife that we should stop into a cute bistro I had noticed when I last visited Amesbury for a cocktail and an appetizer. Walking into the bar area through the back door, Sean Toomey, Crave's owner, created us warmly and with elan, telling us to sit in either the bar area or the dining room. The fireside seat was taken by a deuce, so we sat at a high cafe 2-top. There were two other tables when we arrived at 5:25 PM on Saturday. Not much hustle or bustle but Sean chatted us up a bit and Danielle picked up the menu items that Sean hadn't discussed. Our appetizer choices were Wolf Meadow mozzarella with fried tomato in a "capresse salad" riff and seared Ahi tuna, They were both presented simply but the tastes and texture for both roared loudly - Delicious! Kitzie had a dry white wine and I had a hoppy IPA for our first course choices. Danielle listened to my request for a medium pink/red burger with a thick slice of raw onion - no bacon for my entree. My bride enjoyed the seared scallops - leaving just the design of the plate to be cleared. The pastry chef had prepared a caramel, chocolate whipped cream trifle besides the four desserts for last nights dinner selections. This, too was delicious and finished off our adventure in superb fashion. Crave had completely filed all its seats by the time we were leaving at 6:50 PM and the folks waiting at the bar, along the kitchen wall and in the front greeting area numbered more than 20 guests. The floor was filled to capacity which is clearly understandable. The food was not pretentious, it is fairly priced, the service staff is active and keeps the meal orders flowing and the man at the door is friendly, outgoing and always keeps his eye on his business. Nice work Sean!! After, what was to be for cocktails turned into a full gastronomic adventure.

1  Thank Richard H