“Dining at The Crave”

Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Amesbury, Massachusetts
“Dining at The Crave”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is delicious at "The Crave". Tuesday nights offer a great culinary deal...Two persons can order off a special menu and, for a total of $60, you can share a bottle of wine, each orders either a garden salad or a Caesar salad, each orders a delicious entree, and you share a dessert. By the way, our table of friends all ordered different desserts the last time and we passed them around so we could try them all. YUMMY!!! Great deal for the price. The only drawback to eating here is that it is not very big and can get quite noisy. If you are looking for an intimate dinner out with a quiet ambience, this probably won't be for you. If this doesn't bother you, give it a try. It is terrific. The owner/waitstaff are all extremely friendly and the service was great.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kathleen T

Massachusetts
“Tuesday nite and a full house.”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Come early or call ahead. Last time I dined here we were the only guests. The two dinners with app , dessert and bottle of wine for $60 was a great deal. But we live an hour away. More than a year later and back in the area , I thought we should use our gift certificate before they close. Hardly! The place was packed There was a short wait for a high top table near the very small bar.
If you are a foursome , reserve the banquette in front of the fireplace, very cozy. Otherwise, anticipate a busy bistro like scene. The kitchen is visible, small and efficient. The host(perhaps the owner) was on hand and attentive. They did offer the same special. Nice menu . Not inexpensive
( 2drinks each, 2mains plus tip=$80)

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Glebegirl
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Creatively, preparing foods I crave.”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had just finished tasting wines at Jewel Town Winery and turned onto High Street to see the sign for Wolf Meadow Farm when I suggested to my wife that we should stop into a cute bistro I had noticed when I last visited Amesbury for a cocktail and an appetizer. Walking into the bar area through the back door, Sean Toomey, Crave's owner, created us warmly and with elan, telling us to sit in either the bar area or the dining room. The fireside seat was taken by a deuce, so we sat at a high cafe 2-top. There were two other tables when we arrived at 5:25 PM on Saturday. Not much hustle or bustle but Sean chatted us up a bit and Danielle picked up the menu items that Sean hadn't discussed. Our appetizer choices were Wolf Meadow mozzarella with fried tomato in a "capresse salad" riff and seared Ahi tuna, They were both presented simply but the tastes and texture for both roared loudly - Delicious! Kitzie had a dry white wine and I had a hoppy IPA for our first course choices. Danielle listened to my request for a medium pink/red burger with a thick slice of raw onion - no bacon for my entree. My bride enjoyed the seared scallops - leaving just the design of the plate to be cleared. The pastry chef had prepared a caramel, chocolate whipped cream trifle besides the four desserts for last nights dinner selections. This, too was delicious and finished off our adventure in superb fashion. Crave had completely filed all its seats by the time we were leaving at 6:50 PM and the folks waiting at the bar, along the kitchen wall and in the front greeting area numbered more than 20 guests. The floor was filled to capacity which is clearly understandable. The food was not pretentious, it is fairly priced, the service staff is active and keeps the meal orders flowing and the man at the door is friendly, outgoing and always keeps his eye on his business. Nice work Sean!! After, what was to be for cocktails turned into a full gastronomic adventure.

1 Thank Richard H
Carmel, ny
“What a Great Surprise Recommendation”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Was up in the Salisbury Beach, Ma. area for the weekend, photographing the Snowy Owl. Boked a room in Amesbury and came over here from Newburyport, Ma. at the end of a very long day, tired and hungry. Having never been to the area, had to rely on the internet reviews and Trip Advisor top reviews. Went the #1 restaurant Trip Advisor had listed and it was not open yet for dinner, but was also fully booked for hours, so the manager recommended we try "Crace Brasserie & Wine Bar. It was a short distance to drive and what a welcome surprise and recommendation. The restaurant is just lovely, staff friendly and accommodating, beautiful fireplace, and absolutely the best scallops I have ever eaten. They were perfectly cooked and served over home made cream corn, with a bed of sauteed greens and roasted potatoes. Had a wonderful cocktail and finished up a wonderful weekend trip happy.

1 Thank bgthemom
Amesbury
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great haddock!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I don't usually order haddock when I'm at a restaurant. I'm very fussy when it comes to seafood, especially haddock. I'd rather buy it at the fish market and cook it at home. The haddock sandwich at Crave, is without a doubt, one of the best -if not the best- fried haddock I've had on a long, long time. The popover were an unexpected treat as well! I don't usually write reviews, but just had to recommend this restaurant!

1 Thank Weetamoe79