“New Owners....WELL WORTH ANOTHER SHOT!!!”

Crave Brasserie $ Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Amesbury
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene
Boston, Massachusetts
“New Owners....WELL WORTH ANOTHER SHOT!!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have visited Crave on 2-3 other occasions and it was one of those places that you really wanted to like but it just didn't. With four boys at home (14, 4, 2 & 1) it is rare that we get a night out and when we do we have had a hard time finding something worthy of a second visit. I had read that Crave was under new ownership and wanted to give it another shot. I encourage everyone else to give it another try too...we will be back. It was fantastic. My husband had the beef tenderloin and raved about it. He is very much into his food and loves a good meal. I always tell people that he wouldn't notice a naked woman walking down the street unless she had a plate of food in her hand and even then he would only be interested in the food. It has been three days since our night out and he is still talking about the food. I had the portobello sandwich which was to die for. It is not very often that I find a menu that has six or seven things that I am choosing from and that was the case with crave. In all honesty this is the first place in about 15 that we have tried lately that we will be revisiting! My only regret was that I did not have room for dessert....the key lime pie sounded like it was decadent. Next visit I wi definitely be trying it!!!!

• Visited August 2013

Boston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Impressive”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Went with a friend to try it out on a Satruday night 2 weeks ago (March 2013). We did not have a reservation and did not have to wait - probably 8:30 PM. The waitress was wonderful. The wine was reasonably priced. The warm popovers with apple cinnamon butter were amazing. Our entrees were so beautiful - I wish I took pictures. My friend loved her haddock and my scallops were perfect. I substitued asparagus for the vegetable listed (can't recall what). We both took some home.

I loved the atmostphere and the music! Great 80's/90's music. Just loud enough to enjoy without having to shout. Would also be a great place (classy but not snobby) to sit at the bar for a drink and maybe lighter bites.

Made the mistake of eating at Riverside last weekend. Same price for entrees but the difference was night and day. Can't wait to retrun to Crave. Really I am just a first time customer with no connection to the owner or staff.

• Visited March 2013
“Food just ok”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went there for a nice night out. Food is just average. Pretty but small inside. Waiter wasn't very friendly or attentive. Wouldn't go back.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank PattieF
Kensington, New Hampshire
“Big surprise”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Outstanding service, food selectionand quality of food. Very cozy atmostphere and a very local feeling to the establishment. I especially liked the salmon and duck entries and the house wines are most excellent. I will be back

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank GeorgeZ1952
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent service and great food”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is not the first time we have been here but the food and service continue to be excellent. The scallops and the tuna were our choices and our empty plates were proof of the taste and quality. Crave has an excellent wine list with a wide choice and reasonable prices (for a restaurant).
We will continue to return and if things change I will post a new review

• Visited February 2013