“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2012

08/18/12 Had a wonderful dinner here with friends. It is a nice "half-way" meeting point for us, as they live near Dover, NH and we live on the North Shore of Massachusetts. The atmosphere was very cozy, warm and welcoming. I had the baked macaroni and cheese - definitely NOT a kid's version. It was delicious and finished off with baked cracker crumbs. My husband had the blackened fried chicken and loved it - and he is a picky eater. One friend had the salmon that was on special; and his wife had a broiled sea scallops. All very good. I have to also add that I have extremely severe food allergies. Our waiter was extremely sensitive to my needs (he shared that his wife has my same allergies - nuts/shell fish) and went straight to the chef to be sure that what I ordered was "safe". They do not take reservations during the summer months, and would suggest arriving around 6:00 on a Saturday night to avoid waiting. Would not hesitate to visit here again!

2  Thank mrsmaz01

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We have visited several times, usually enjoying their wonderful couples night...popovers, salads, incredible entrees, dessert and even a bottle of wine, all for one low price. A great deal, nice atmosphere and fantastic food! Make it your next choice for a dinner out.

2  Thank ragtop_rider
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Crave does not seem to need more "5 Dot" ratings and good words about the food and service. So I simply want to say that during all four of my visits over the past year, for some reason, I just really like the feeling you get when you walk-in the door. To me, it is intimate, cozy, busy, cheerful, and comfortable. It certainly is not institutional, standard, too big and too noisy. It's really a neat place! If you haven't been there, you definitely should put it on your "to do" list. We drive from Hampton, NH to get there.

1  Thank Dick c
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Fair warning: We're regulars at Crave. We were hooked by the food, service, atmosphere & reasonable prices right from the start. So where to start?

Food: Fabulous, we've never had a bad meal at Crave, but have our favorites. I'm partial to the tuna steak, my wife loves the scallops. As of our last visit, we're both sold on the portabella appetizer!

Wine List: We both love good wine, the wine list doesn't disappoint, and don't be afraid to ask for something you don't see- they may have it! (they had our favorite)

Service: From the moment you walk in the door and greeted by the cheery hostess you feel like you're the only guest. At Crave, they "get it"; it's all about the customer!

Ambiance: It's the new place to be in Amesbury, which boasts an embarrassing amount of great restaurants. It's vibrant, and we always see friends and neighbors there. No surprise, everyone seems to love Crave, and whenever conversation swings to restaurants Crave is always recommended.

Price: For the life of me I don't understand the complaints that the price is high, and have to wonder where those reviewers dine out. The prices are insanely reasonable... Case in point: I dare you to find a delicious seared tuna steak in the area for less than $25- most are $30 or so. At Crave it's $18 or so. The price, and more importantly the VALUE is superb!

So, all in all, Crave is the place to be, our go-to restaurant in Amesbury. I say this at our peril: there can be a wait to get in, but diners gladly wait- that speaks volumes, and brings to mind the quote attributed to Yogi Berra: Nobody goes there anymore, the lines are too long. Indeed.

bf

1  Thank WJFaulkner
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Went to Crave this weekend and was blown away! Between the food, service, and atmosphere this place is fantastic. I had the Asian ribeye special which was a grilled ribeye steak served over white sticky rice with sautéed bok choy with almonds and smoked bacon with an Asian spare rib sauce. It hit all the notes I was "craving" sweet, salty, smokey, and crunchy it was just what I was looking for at a price that didn't kill the bank account. I will definately be back and tell all my friends.

4  Thank Singlemaltup