“Love The "Feel" When You Enter!!”

Crave Wine Kitchen Tap
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Amesbury
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Crave does not seem to need more "5 Dot" ratings and good words about the food and service. So I simply want to say that during all four of my visits over the past year, for some reason, I just really like the feeling you get when you walk-in the door. To me, it is intimate, cozy, busy, cheerful, and comfortable. It certainly is not institutional, standard, too big and too noisy. It's really a neat place! If you haven't been there, you definitely should put it on your "to do" list. We drive from Hampton, NH to get there.

1  Thank Dick c

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Fair warning: We're regulars at Crave. We were hooked by the food, service, atmosphere & reasonable prices right from the start. So where to start?

Food: Fabulous, we've never had a bad meal at Crave, but have our favorites. I'm partial to the tuna steak, my wife loves the scallops. As of our last visit, we're both sold on the portabella appetizer!

Wine List: We both love good wine, the wine list doesn't disappoint, and don't be afraid to ask for something you don't see- they may have it! (they had our favorite)

Service: From the moment you walk in the door and greeted by the cheery hostess you feel like you're the only guest. At Crave, they "get it"; it's all about the customer!

Ambiance: It's the new place to be in Amesbury, which boasts an embarrassing amount of great restaurants. It's vibrant, and we always see friends and neighbors there. No surprise, everyone seems to love Crave, and whenever conversation swings to restaurants Crave is always recommended.

Price: For the life of me I don't understand the complaints that the price is high, and have to wonder where those reviewers dine out. The prices are insanely reasonable... Case in point: I dare you to find a delicious seared tuna steak in the area for less than $25- most are $30 or so. At Crave it's $18 or so. The price, and more importantly the VALUE is superb!

So, all in all, Crave is the place to be, our go-to restaurant in Amesbury. I say this at our peril: there can be a wait to get in, but diners gladly wait- that speaks volumes, and brings to mind the quote attributed to Yogi Berra: Nobody goes there anymore, the lines are too long. Indeed.

bf

1  Thank WJFaulkner
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Went to Crave this weekend and was blown away! Between the food, service, and atmosphere this place is fantastic. I had the Asian ribeye special which was a grilled ribeye steak served over white sticky rice with sautéed bok choy with almonds and smoked bacon with an Asian spare rib sauce. It hit all the notes I was "craving" sweet, salty, smokey, and crunchy it was just what I was looking for at a price that didn't kill the bank account. I will definately be back and tell all my friends.

4  Thank Singlemaltup
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This place never ceases to amaze me. They just released the new spring summer menu and once again they knocked my socks off. I frequent this restaurant very often, love the staff ,love the food and it has one of the greatest ambiences I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying. The new wings addition to the appetizer menu is to die for. The bourbon glazed duck is amazing in their ribeye steak is still the best I've ever had

3  Thank george f
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I do love the atmosphere and the food at Crave but I have to say the last time I was in the service was average to poor. The popovers are awesome!

1  Thank iclemeno