“Delightful & delicious - a hidden gem in Amesbury”
Review of Phat Cats Bistro

Phat Cats Bistro
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Amesbury
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A unique brick building w/tin ceilings set within a neighborhood. Formerly an appliance store, there is a cut out in the wood floors where the lift use to be to bring items up from or down to the basement.
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Love love love this little gem of a bistro. Every meal I've had, from a fish sandwich to the chicken, seafood, or pasta dishes-- has been outstanding. My husband is the carnivore and enjoys the creative beef & pork dishes, and garlic mussels. The ginormous sangria is a tasty summer refreshment, and desserts baked in house are to die for. Great vibe, good people, fresh delicious food done well.

There are newer reviews for Phat Cats Bistro

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Phat Cat is a fun, local, lively dining destination. You'd have to hear about this place because you won't drive by it by accident. (It's off the main road of downtown Amesbury) I would guess their clientele is 99% word of mouth, and deservedly so. We love the food, the ambience, and really warm and energetic staff. The fish chowder is maybe the best I have had in New England. The sangria is a must if you arrive thirsty. The specials from seared tuna to stuffed sole to NY strip are always well prepared without a fussy or over-the-top presentation. Real food. And leave room for the incredible homemade carrot cake.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times now and it's always been a hit with us! I've been with my partner, brought friends from Boston, and even visited with friends from Florida. Never a bad experience!! Great food, good prices, and the atmosphere of a nice local bistro. Try it...you'll like it!!!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stumbled upon Phat Cats Bistro a few weeks ago, then called on a Friday night to see about getting a reservation. They could seat us in 15 mins. The place was very full and no table was available, so we sat at the bar for 10 mins. over glasses of wine, taking time to study the daily specials and the surprisingly full menu. We both opted for seafood--the seafood caesar for her, the cajun seafood stew for me--both of which featured locally grown vegetable and caught seafood. The kitchen was having trouble getting the food out fast, so our host brought us two salads on the house with more bread to tide us over. The host was extremely engaging and animated, he got around to every table to make sure the dining experience was what it should be, and our waitress was gracious, giving us time when we wanted it and service when we needed it. The food was extremely well prepared and tasty. My cajun stew had shrimp, mussels, clams, calamari and lobster in a mildly spicy broth, just enough to brighten the seafood flavors without overwhelming them. This was a really nice find, smack dab in the middle of a neighborhood. On-street parking is limited on one side of the street, but it's worth a little walk if you have to. It was a fine anniversary meal.

1  Thank JDouglsGuy
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I have visited twice since moving to the area and can not recommend this establishment more highly: innovative, fresh entrees crafted from locally grown - and distilled! - products to produce a truly memorable meal, all in a small, cozy and relaxed atmosphere. From the oysters onward, both meals have been far more than expected. Do not miss their Black 'N Blue Martini: a slightly dirty martini featuring kalamata lives hand stuffed with local blue cheese: absolutely perfect.