“"No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -- Yogi Berra”

Six Flags New England
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Agawam
More attraction details
Owner description: Largest family theme park in New England features eight thrilling megacoasters and Hurricane Harbor, a water park with nine tube slides and a 500,000-gallon wave pool.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Nice park in terms of rides, but every time I go there it is way too crowded to enjoy. Even though we have season passes this year, we waited 45 minutes to just get into the park on July 21. Seems crazy to me that Six Flags hasn't figured out how to queue people through a line, even the TSA does it better. We tried the waterpark and managed to only get on one ride in 2 hrs before we had lunch. After lunch we looked around for a ride or location that wasn't overcrowded and decided to throw in the towel and went home. Home is 1 1/2 hours away and the kids made this decision so that should give you an idea of how poor our experience was.

I am trying to like this park because the rides are pretty cool, but don't think mid-day hours work for me. If you already have season passes, get there early and take advantage of the short window of time you may get to enjoy the park.

3  Thank Chris M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,792)
All reviews
in 102 reviews
"batman"
in 96 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We purchased season passes (4 or more category) for better savings and arrived early to the park, there was a members only special...ride an attraction from 10-11am. This was a great treat for the boys. The park filled up quickly at 11 (official opening time) and we decided to purchase the speed pass...Don't do it! As a novelty it was interesting BUT on some rides the line was faster for the regular patrons, plus the price is prohibitive! $50 for the first person and $35 for each additional....hardly worth it if you're at the park for the long haul and there are no member discounts! The pass is no good at the watermark where you need to purchase another set if you wish to use it at the water park.
ATMs are $5/use service fees. Slushies are $10 for the large souvenir cup with $4 refills. There are all you can eat specials for $79.99/person all year. It adds up.
The watermark is what it is long lines, unattended kids, dirty in some areas, expensive locker rentals. Having visited many others I'd rate the water park a 6/10 and that's being generous.
The employees are great and in the heat wave did all they could to e courteous making the stay worth it. They wave and smile when your rides get back and thy take safety seriously. There is ample security in the park with a smattering of Agawam police.
All in all it was a good experience, expect to be hit in the wallet....it's a six flag experience

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Went there today. Loved that people who live along the road make their own parking lots, $5 for parking. Score!!! That really made my day because I didn't want to give 6 flags $20. We only went cause we had bought season passes, which we will never do again becasue 6 flags is such a money grabbing classist defining corporation it puts a fowl taste in my mouth. The flash pass is the epitome of this rewarding the rich. At least in Disney everyone gets a stab at it. It was super annoying becasue the flash pass holders just go and everyone is delayed for them. The time markings along the wait line are not set for flash pass in mind so you have to add at least 20 mins to the times. The flash pass pisses me off becasue it is purely a classist system and the epitome of what's wrong with the USA rewarding those for who money is not an issue.
Besides my gripes with the lock boxes and no outside food. I'm a vegetarian do you know what I had for lunch? Onion rings. Only onion rings. I still feel queezy from it. No wonder people throw up on those rides, the food they serve is atrocious. I felt like it would be best to vomit after my lunch.
Other then that the ride attendants seemed to be more efficient and friendly then in New Jersey. For rides with lockers they even let some people slip by with bags, which was very nice of them. That did not happen in NJ. They also managed to clean up vomit quite fast and 1 person was doing it. In NJ about 5 "cast members" were looking at it all puzzled and it took them about 1/2 an hour (they shut down the ride).
I'd def return to this park before NJ because the staff and even patrons were nicer.
I did not go to the water park but I can imagine it was dirty. The line to even get in was ridiculous.

2  Thank Atalanta8
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we stepped onto the property, there was a ridiculous line to buy tickets and a worse one to enter the park. Every time we had a question, no employee was able to help. Food at Johnny Rockets was wildly over priced. A water is $3.50!

The park was clearly over filled. We knew this day would be hot, we did not expect waiting lines to be uncovered and blistering hot without fans or shade. Rides were shut down left and right after an hour of waiting.

Prices, food and rides aside, the other patrons were abhorrent & rude making it far from family friendly. I have never seen such a gathering of unsavory individuals and gripped my purse with concern many times. Heed this warning and go to Canobie Lake Park or the Boston Aquariums/museums.

4  Thank Ogtgirl
See more reviews
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have a season pass based from another park. Our day at this park started with a security guard chasing us down and telling us we had blown through paying for parking. We told him we thought the gate people had seen our parking pass on our window. He told us to return to the entrance and that he would follow us. When we arrived the parking attendant told the security guard if we have a window decal for parking we are fine. So we drove back again to where we were going to park. At the front gates we stood in line (heat wave temps of 34cwith humidex ratings at about 104f) to enter the park. As soon as we showed our passes they said "oh those are Canadian, we have a hard time scanning those. You'll have to go to guest services to get a ticket." This despite the fact that these are valid Six Flags season passes with pictures! So we stood in another line to get a ticket and then had to stand in line again to give them this ticket to let us in. All in all a bad start.

Once in our kids were hot and grumpy. They went on one roller coaster and three rounds on the lazy river and we left. My over all opinion is not a good one.

1  Thank Jberty