“Great Experience - Average Food”
Review of Bascom Lodge

Bascom Lodge
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Adams
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Experience - Average Food”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We started the evening with a glass of wine while watching a beautiful sunset from high atop Mount Greylock. This is a rustic place so don't expect otherwise. My wife and I had dinner which was from a set menu with either a vegetarian selection or chicken entree. The food is okay but nothing special. All the staff is very friendly. You will probably share a table with someone which in our case turned out to make for very interesting conversation. If you come expecting casual dining in a rustic setting with a primary focus on the view and conversation and secondary focus on the food, you will have a great time!

• Visited September 2012

Northampton, Massachusetts
“Great for a snack”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Bascom Lodge has a snack bar/lunch counter during the day, and offers set course menus for dinner. I have only ever visited the snack bar, so I can't comment on the quality of the dinners.

I LOVE THE SNACK BAR. I usually pack my own food when I hike (I like to snack as I go rather than stopping for meals) but it is a special treat to be able to buy a slice of homemade pie and a nice hot cup of coffee, tea, or cider when I get to the top of Mt. Greylock, especially in fall when there's a bit of a chill in the air.

The pie and the cookies are so good. And they use local produce. The view from the lodge is pretty good, and if you go to the other side of the monument there's a gorgeous long view from the top of the mountain.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kyle H
Ashland, Massachusetts
“Not too.bad”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

For a mountain top eatery this is not too bad. The have a couple of staples.such as hot dogs, burgers, and backed goods. The sand which as surprisingly decent. Don't expect top of the line, but you will be satisfied with what you order

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Minimal Grille”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was told this place is great restaurant after you hike the Greylock. It's merely a small Canteen. The views are ok but nothing special. We were anticipating a nice clean sit down place but this was a lodge style place.

Visited August 2012
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Great food, historic lodge and what a view!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We visited Mt. Greylock and were pleasantly surprised to discover this beautiful lodge with a breathtaking view! The food was very good--we had BLTs and Pulled Pork sandwiches!
Well worth stopping here for a meal and enjoying the scenery!

• Visited June 2012