“Great Chinese food - the Best in the Berkshires” 5 of 5 bubbles

Chee's Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Adams
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Adams MA
“Great Chinese food - the Best in the Berkshires”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2009

Chees is a rare little find. Food is excellent. Servings are generous. I don't eat Chinese food ANYWHERE but at Chees. It is fresh, yummy, and consistently delicious and high quality. It has been rated the Best in the Berkshires for years in a row because of it. Prices are reasonable. Family owned by very nice people.

Highly recommended

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Hartford, CT
“The BEST chinese I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

While staying in Adams for the night recently, our B&B owner suggested a different restaurant for dinner. We ventured to that restaurant only to find it had a 25 minute wait and was a little too "chic" for our tastes (anything that has sweetbreads on the menu is a little overwhelming to me!). I remembered reading two reviews online for Chee's that absolutely raved about it. So although I was slightly skeptical, I suggested we try it. I could not be happier that we did!

Chee's is nothing special from the outside. It's not a place you'd drive by and think "wow that looks like it could be good". It's very unassuming, doesn't stand out in any way. However that's where that generalization stops. It's cozy inside, not too big but not tiny either. The waitstaff was friendly and attentive but did not hover. They have the standard fare of most chinese places, nothing out of the ordinary. We ordered a plate of pork lo mein, a plate of general tso's, and I had a cup of wonton soup.

The soup came and looked pretty standard, three wonton's in broth. I have never wanted to finish the broth before. I had to hold myself back. Wonton's aren't especially tricky but these were outstanding. Once the food arrived I knew I was in heaven. The portions were HUGE, way more than two people could handle even having only ordered two dishes to share. The chicken was not overly battered or fried, it was just right, and the spice was perfect. The sauce was phenomenal. The lo mein was outstanding as well, not overly garlicked (or is it ginger? I can never tell) as I've encountered in the past at other establishments.

The only drawback to this place (and it's a big one), is that it is two hours away from me. I almost wish I hadn't tried it out, as I can't see any other chinese restaurant measuring up to Chee's and I won't have a chance to eat here again for a long time!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook