“decent food”

Ranked #15 of 27 Restaurants in Adams
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Adams Ale House is far from just a bar. It's all about made to order food, value, service and hospitality. The Adams Ale House is a spot for nightlife, a place to watch the big game, grab a scratch made bite to eat in our dining room, or host a private event. We will offer one of the fullest bars in town, 22 amazing tap beers and look forward to you stopping by!
Reviewed February 17, 2014

West for lunch--I got the crispy chicken sandwich, which was ok but a little bland. I liked the fries, though! We didn't have a problem with the service since our waitress checked on us pretty consistently the whole time we were there. They seem to have a good beer selection, though! I'd go back again, but probably just for drinks or fries.

There are newer reviews for Adams Ale House

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We tried calling for 30 minutes on a Friday night around 8:30 for takeout. The phone was busy for over 20+ call attempts. My husband went down to order and after the initial greeting it took another 20 minutes for someone to assist him. The manager said the (portable) phone was off the hook. They finally took his order and it ended up being free. When today get went on Facebook to the restaurants page to communicate with an owner about the experience, excuses were given: ie they were dealing with a wedding and supposedly the phone was busy yet my husband was told it was off the hook. His response finally was "at least you got what you were looking for" and is refusing to provide his name to my husband. Rude owner, bad business practice to blow a (now former) customer off and not a very good way to run a business.

3  Thank Ekhjmh
AdamsAleHouse, Owner at Adams Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Hello Jason,

I have had a chance to review your e-mail chain and also see your review here posted on Trip Advisor. This is Nathan Girard one of the owner's and I apologize whole heartedly for the way you were treated and the experience you had. I am not going to try and make an excuse for the way you were treated especially on Valentine's Day. You should have been made a priority and I will use your example a way of not to do things for our staff when we do hold our monthly training and staff meeting. We did have a wedding reception going on in our back room that took our general manager off the main floor and with an at capacity restaurant someone must of forgot to place the phone back on the hook. While this won't change your opinion I would like to leave my personal cell phone for you 413-841-2803 should you ever need to call and are not getting through again. I see that you mention you would no longer be a customer and in an effort to show you that I do care and that I do want to earn your business back I would like to offer to buy you and your wife dinner this Friday or Saturday night or any night of the week and show you that our restaurant does value your business. I am sorry for the way things turned out and will make an effort with my management team and staff to do better.

~ Nate

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My wife and I stopped in during the "North County Eats" promo. The start was a little rocky, we stood at the hostess podium for about 3-5 minutes before a waiter came over and seated us. After that though service was smooth. The food was good, the only thing I did'nt like was that the brussel sprout hash (yes brussel sprout hash) was undercooked. I realize that this was a matter of personal preference but it just did'nt do it for me. Overall the dining experience was very good and we will be back again.

2  Thank willy016
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The food was great. Here is the problem. It took twenty minutes for our first drink. Our wings appetizer came out ten minutes before our beer. The people next to us came in five or ten minutes after and we're served first.

It's great that a ale house now resides in adams. The food is solid and the beer selection is satisfactory but the service really needs to be fixed. It is truly
awful. The g.m is cooking and running food while he really should be training and overseeing his wait staff. Please fix your
service. The concensus around the bar is the same. It remains a major problem.

2  Thank Padgenuts
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stopped there with some family on a snowy, wintery night and found the place to have a cozy environment with a great one man band and friendly, upbeat service. I was greeted by their hostess, Big D, she found us seats and served with a beverage quickly and happily. Great place, I'll definitely go again.

1  Thank Marie H