“Overall, Probably The Best Restaurant In The Area”

Blue Point Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Acushnet
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Overall, I think this is probably the best all-around restaurant in the New Bedford Metro area. Considering the price, quality and presentation, taste and variety of menu offerings, the friendly service, location and parking, this place is very difficult to beat. We have been going here for about seven years. Last week, my wife had a pice of haddock and a salad. I feasted on the best Lasagna this side of Naples. The Lasagna slice was almost as big as a shingle and it was delicious. All deserts are homemade and an offering of about ten different deserts are available. The rolls, also made at the restaurant are to die for. Each day there are between 7-10 daily specials. Much thinkjing goes into the menu. The staff has remained almost the same for the seven years we have visited Blue Point. A testament to the popularity of the restaurant is that the parking lot, street, and local church lot are filled to capacity. Try this place it's great.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I hate to find a restaurant that I have enjoyed in the past and have a bad experience. But the truth is the truth.

We all had lobster rolls with fries or chowder.

I would expect the clam chowder to be just that...served in the traditional way. I was looking forward to that regional wonderful taste of clams or quohaugs but what I got was basic all celery and bacon...so much bacon.
Clam chowder is supposed to have a hint of bacon or salt pork, onions, clams, potato. NO CELERY EVER! Whether it is thick or thin...does not matter...what matters is that wonderful taste of the sea...This was the worst clam chowder i have ever had anywhere.... period. I couldn't even finish the cup...it was that bad.

The lobster roll came in an almost-warm roll and was much too red...had to be all claw meat out of a can..certainly no tail meet in this...had an acidic canny taste...definitely not delicious..much like the kind you get in the market for 5.00...Those who had fries found them to be warm only...I ordered ice tea and coke was served ....Since I had international guests I was particularly embarrassed but the restaurant was chosen because of previous good experiences and proximity to the cemetery (we had decorating graves there for Memorial Day. ).
The rolls and bread were good however...and we often do not get that in a restaurant. Acoustics simply horrid...noise almost unbearable. .
What can I say..I get there every 8 years or so...but really wonder if I shall bother again.
Sad to say! I was hoping to give this hide away a great review. It is not the jewel it once was.
PS The desserts looked promising but did not have any...

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I went to the BP last night with my wife. I had the seafood mozambique and she had a scrod special. We were both very pleased with our meals. The food was EXCELLENT - as it always seems to be here. I have never had a bad meal at the BP.

My only criticism is with the seating - which is tight. The quality of the food more than offsets this issue. We will be back.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local person. I have to echo the other reviewer about "hidden value". I also had the salmon and found the restaurant clean but rather plain. I do prefer good food over fancy decor so this place is a gem. Serving size was plentiful. The desserts looked delicious. My husband had the blueberry pie and said it was very good. He had started with a bucket of steamer that he said were very sweet. His meal was the fried clam plate. We both thought it was large for the price.
It was a snowy evening when we visited so there were only a few tables occupied.
I would recommend this spot to families in particular due to the variety in the menu. Everyone would find something they liked.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This small restaurant located on a side street gives no hint to the wonderful food in store for its customers. Beside a good size menu that includes seafood, chicken, beef, and Italian dinners (as well as pizza and sandwiches) , they also have a blackboard with daily specials. My favorite is their salmon with a creamy dill sauce. Shortly after being seated, each table is presented with a basket of warm rolls and cornbread with butter. The waitstaff is efficient and freindly. Although I rarely have room for desert after a big meal, the deserts also looked yummy.
Both the dining room and separate small bar were clean but plain. However, the quality of the food is the hidden value of this dining experience.